WotC sends Sandy Victim GM a Christmas shocker!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cool Christmas story i found on the web. WoTC sent a DM who lost all his D&D stuff in a flood a box full of 4E (and other Eds) D&D books.

Thumbs up to WoTC for helping a Sandy's Victim DM rebuiild his D&D collection for Christmas

WotC sends Sandy Victim GM a Christmas shocker!

By Pt5PastLight

My friend (and selfless weekly GM to so many since the 90's!) lost everything on his ground floor during Hurricane Sandy, including 20+ years of D&D rulebooks, supplements, adventures and novels. As several feet of flood waters poured in, he chose to rescue precious items like his daughter's princess castle and his wife's sentimental treasures. His impressive DnD collection, on multiple giant bookcases, toppled over and were destroyed in minutes and needless to say he was dispirited. So I reached out to Wizards of the Coast to see if there was anything at all they could do to help us rebuild his collection (discounts, coupons, PDFs or anything). They said that maybe they could do something for him. Nobody expected this enormous box of Christmas cheer!! Thank you Wizards! The day before this showed up he was telling me he'd lost the will to play or rebuild his collection. An hour after it arrived he was in good spirits and working on a new campaign This makes all the players in our groups feel good about supporting their company all these years. And we appreciate the older editions they thought to include!

very cool story! thanks for the link plague!
I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

to WotC.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Nice.

I post something even remotely non-positive and it gets ORCed.  Guess this is meant to be advertising and not a discussion. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Good job WotC!
Nice.

I post something even remotely non-positive and it gets ORCed.  Guess this is meant to be advertising and not a discussion. 

This thread does kind of set off my BS detector, yeah. "Look at how amazing and awesome and wonderful WotC is!"

I'd like to believe it's mere coincidence or that whoever was behind it had good intentions, but it still reeks of advertisement, so I'm not sure what to think.

But if this post gets ORCed, I guess I'll know WotC's intentions then, won't I?
Gunmage, a homebrew arcane striker. (Heroic Tier playtest ready.) GDocs link. (More up to date.)
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Just followed the link and realized that somewhere in the comments people began to misunderstand that the person that received the gift was somehow related to the Sandy Hook shootings rather than Hurricane Sandy. Not sure how they figured that a flood tied into the shootings.
Good job WotC!
Sign In to post comments