[GTC-ICD] Illusionist's Bracer

84 posts / 0 new
Last post

Illusionist's Bracer 
Rare
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever an ability of equipped  creature is activated, if it isn't a mana ability, copy that ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Equip 3 
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Ooh, these look masochisticly fun >)

--mtalmuzicfan...
...is back to lurking w/ new previews :D
4/17/12 - Started Magic the Gathering: Online <--mtalhead...for LIFE!!! \m/
Not sure about constructed off the top of my head, this has much potential in EDH.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
I guess Krenko would benefit greatly, but we don't know if Goblins will get much help in standard. That 3 equip cost is pretty daunting; I don't think it'll find a way into any competetive decks.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
The prohibitively high Equip cost means that it probably isn't gonna see play in the usual Competitive formats, IMO.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Combos with Niblis of the Breath and Axebane Guardian for infinte mana, infinite creature tapping and infinite creature untapping.
Combos with Niblis of the Breath and Axebane Guardian.

With just 1 more defender creature, infinite mana! People will have fun with that.
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Could be pretty sick little combo in limited with  Gateway Shade.

isnt axebane a mana ability? meaning it cant be copied (by this at least)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

You don't copy the mana ability, you just activate it, untap it with Niblis, then activate it again. The combo is that Niblis can untap itself at the same time.
The prohibitively high Equip cost means that it probably isn't gonna see play in the usual Competitive formats, IMO.

Is this really a prohibitively high equip cost? Keep in mind this is not a simple P/T booster or keyword stick. If there are good enough targets then this can certainly be played...
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

You don't copy the mana ability, you just activate it, untap it with Niblis, then activate it again. The combo is that Niblis can untap itself at the same time.

oh! now i get it! thanks

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Another standard combo: Captain of the Mists + Gilded Lotus.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

Bleh, 3-card combos

Kinda odd how this doesn't really synergize with any of the guild mechanics. Populate machines (Trostani, Guildmage) are okay targets.  *reads what I just wrote* Oh. Guildmages. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
This and Bloodline Keeper.

I think if you tried to transofrm it with the bracers on it would transofrm back to Bloodline Keeper xD

Make sure you take it off before activating the transform ability. Otherwise he'll go right back to being Bloodline Keeper once the copy of the ability resolves.

I think if you tried to transofrm it with the bracers on it would transofrm back to Bloodline Keeper xD

That's kinda hilarious and most likely unintended. However, since it references "Bloodline Keeper" specifically, does that mean the transformation clause fizzles when the card's name becomes "Lord of Lineage", or does it resolve since "Bloodline Keeper" is just referring to the card itself?
The card itself. From Oracle:

2011/9/22 Activating Bloodline Keeper's last ability multiple times will cause it to transform into Lord of Lineage, then back again, and so on.
That's kinda hilarious and most likely unintended. However, since it references "Bloodline Keeper" specifically, does that mean the transformation clause fizzles when the card's name becomes "Lord of Lineage", or does it resolve since "Bloodline Keeper" is just referring to the card itself?

"Bloodline Keeper" in that context means "this card." It will transform regardless of what its characteristics are when the ability resolves.
Not sure about constructed off the top of my head, this has much potential in EDH.

Minor point: EDH IS constructed.

Any EDH deck that likes Rings of Brighthearth probably wants this, too; perhaps not those that rely on Rings/Planeswalkers/Enchants like some I know, but there's a decent number: This would make Merieke Ri Berit more of a pure terror.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
Most straightforward I can see in Standard at the moment is Krallenhorde Killer

A two card (plus land) combo swinging for ten on turn four isn't terrible.

On the theme of werewolves, also works nicely with Daybreak Ranger, allowing you to shoot down nasty angels or eat up two weenies.

On the theme of werewolves, also works nicely with Daybreak Ranger, allowing you to shoot down nasty angels or eat up two weenies.

It makes her into a really expensive to play Femeref Archers in a way.   
Doorkeeper could make use of this to mill doubley quick. Guildmages, as mentioned before, and then outside of that, Puresteel Paladin loves this, as does my now full hand.

Seedcradle Witch and Elvish Archdruid over extends easier, so you get more mana to play with to actually win the turn you hit Infinite.

The list could be endless...

Any damage pingers to boot! 
this+guildmages could be nutty. very janky and cool!
Really cool. This one is gonna be fun.
awesome preview card, and definitely one i wouldnt mind pulling in pre-release or even release.
Does this copy self-sacrifice abilities (eg Dawntreader Elk, Keening Apparition or Hellhole Flailer) or does the sacrifice mean that it stops being the equipped creature before this gets a chance to copy the ability?
I doubt this will do anything in standard, but my mind is whirring with silly and completely impractical combos.

Equip to Kiki-jiki Mirror-Breaker while March of the Machines is out...although...wait, equipment de-equips when it's turned into a creature, doesn't it?

Hmmmm....Tap Kiki Jiki, then when the copy triggers are all on the stack, flash March of the Machines back into play and copy the equipment a bunch of times.........................

:D 

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Does this copy self-sacrifice abilities (eg Dawntreader Elk, Keening Apparition or Hellhole Flailer) or does the sacrifice mean that it stops being the equipped creature before this gets a chance to copy the ability?

I think it still copy their abilities, not quite sure though.
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Amazing in edh and casual.
must equip to krenko. soooo your afriad of doubling goblins eh? we'll just quadruple them instead

aaaaaannnnnnddddddd Guttersnipe!!!!! too good

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.

Not Guttersnipe.  That's a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
This should turn into and EDH staple.

Not Guttersnipe.  That's a triggered ability, not an activated ability.

so is this...
Puresteel Paladin loves this, as does my now full hand.

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
I think the obvious target is Echo Mage :33.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
I think the obvious target is Echo Mage :33.

I love this. Not only does he copy twice as much, but he also levels up twice as fast.

It works. Sacrificing is just the cost to activate the ability; you don't need to pay the cost twice with this.

It works. Sacrificing is just the cost to activate the ability; you don't need to pay the cost twice with this.

But since the creature is sacrificed, the equipment is no longer attached when the ability is put on the stack, correct? 
Must have EDH equipment. 

Obviously the power of this in limited is tied to how many activated abilities you have on the table. If you have a tapper, this means you can tap a creature twice, which is really good.  If you are pumping a shade an extra time, then I wonder how you aren't already dead. There are certainly activated abilities that are strong enough to make this valid, but overall, they don't fill up a set with activated abilities any more. Imagine this in Lorwyn, by comparison. There, it would have been a bomb. Here, it is probably just mediocre.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q