[GTC-ICD] Call of the Nightwing

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Call of the Nightwing |
Sorcery (U)
Put a 1/1 blue and black Horror creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Cipher

Shame our guild will be shafted on flavor text due to Cipher's massive bulk.
Oh, and before you ask, you can cipher onto the token.

Voidwielder certainly isn't getting any worse.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

given the quality of return to ravnica's flavour text, i wouldn't call that a shame
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.

given the quality of return to ravnica's flavour text, i wouldn't call that a shame

touche

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

I'm not a dimir fan, but god do I love cipher. 

This on invisible stalker/tormented soul is nice, free 1/1 flyer every turn has potential. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
It seems Cipher cards will be overcosted. This should really be 1:U::B: at sorcery speed, when we have both Midnight Haunting and Lingering Souls at 3.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
You can Cipher onto the token?! o.0

That just makes it so much better.   

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I'm already assuming this will be my favorite card of the set. I just can't imagine a card that just hits all my buttons just right like this one.

Well, if the tokens were Vampires and looked like mini-Moroii maybe, but that's just being selfish.

That is cool... Still, not very relevant. 1/1 that poops out a 1/1 each turn sometimes, big deal.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

Ciphers within ciphers?

Wow, this could get annoying   
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
You can encode onto the token.

YOU CAN ENCODE ONTO THE TOKEN.

I have no idea why this makes me so happy, but it does. Best card ever.
Rules Nut Advisor
probably a common though, too expensive
Awesome card, though I'm kinda bummed that it's a sorcery. End of turn this, encode onto token, untap, encode something else on the token would be so cool.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
make an evasive dude that makes evasive dudes, seems situational but potentially decently strong.
A bit expensive but with the possibilities Cipher offer it can be worth it.

Wonder who he's calling though.

Eh.
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
electrickery

Staticaster.

Takes out a whole infestation.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Ok I'm not as excited as a lot of you seem to be.  This card is overcosted.
wheres the card art?
I play for fun
In the Standard format, players have cheaper blockers, play flash blockers, or efficient removal.

Should be interested in limited, though.
This is very decent in limited. Not so much out in the constructed world.
It's worth noting that you can draft this card without the influence of staticaster or electrickery for quite a while.

It's worth noting that you can draft this card without the influence of staticaster or electrickery for quite a while.

I'm guessing there will be some kind of black "all creatures/all your opponents' creatures get -X/-X" card in Gatecrash.  If not, this card becomes much better.
Ok I'm not as excited as a lot of you seem to be.  This card is overcosted.

Of course it is. It's not really a very good card, though almost certainly playable in Limited. There's absolutely no reason this card should excite me.

It's still awesome.
Rules Nut Advisor

What?!

Drainpipe Vermin
Mind Rot
Inspiration
Rakdos Shred-Freak
Skymark Roc
Rakdos Ragemutt

To mention a few. . .

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Sometimes it is worth a laugh to just look at the difference between limited and constructed.

Meh this mechanic has not impressed me so far.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

SwDS: 2/5

Four mana to put four 1/1 fliers into play eventually, if you connect with a creature. I'm not saying it's a bad card, I'm just saying you shouldn't be running this with Doubling Season. You probably have much better options in GUB. 
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.
xD Encode the keyrune, make chump blockers, ???, profit.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
this is nice for control, which is the angle that Dimir is going for. You put it on dimir keyrune and use it to poop out a chump-blocking spirit every turn.
Man being able to cipher onto the token makes it feel like they're just trying to be too clever.
Oh, and before you ask, you can cipher onto the token.

Fridge Brilliance there: This way, no one finds out more about House Dimir than is necessary.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt