Official Spoilers

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm new to the world of Magic, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm trying to find out where I should go for official set spoilers, specifically Gatecrash. I'm not really interested in unofficial ones, as I don't want to question whether it's even real. The only official ones I could find were on the Magic Facebook page, after thumbing through the junk. Isn't there a page dedicated to the lastest news for the Gatecrash set? I feel like there has to be something on the main Magic: The Gathering page or here in the forums but I can't seem to find anything. I appreciate any help.

-Original
There aren't many out yet. Should start consistently pouring out this upcoming week.
The first thread in this forum has links to the ICD threads for each revealed card so far. That's the five shocks, five guildgates, five leaked Mythics, five mechanic previews, and Fathom Mage, also leaked.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Yea, I read somewhere that we'd see a lot of spoilers around New Years, but I was wondering if there was a page I should be watching already. For example, the Facebook page shows Fathom Mage, Rubblehulk, Firemane Avenger, Treasury Thrull, and Whispering Madness, but surely these are listed on the actual Magic website? Rather than on Facebook with a bunch of other posts I don't care about? I saw the ICD thread but I assume those are unofficial (and therefore unreliable?) leaks.
Yea, I read somewhere that we'd see a lot of spoilers around New Years, but I was wondering if there was a page I should be watching already. For example, the Facebook page shows Fathom Mage, Rubblehulk, Firemane Avenger, Treasury Thrull, and Whispering Madness, but surely these are listed on the actual Magic website? Rather than on Facebook with a bunch of other posts I don't care about? I saw the ICD thread but I assume those are unofficial (and therefore unreliable?) leaks.

Well, those five were released by WotC themselves, so they are as legit as one could possibly get.

The other leaked Mythic rares are from a source that I believe prints the cards in South Dakota.  Or something along those lines.  That said, they are deemed effectively legit. 

MTGsalvations also has a running list of spoiled cards so far, and they don't just post everything.  They are pretty rigorous before they have a card be deemed legitimate.  That said, wizards.com does not, to the best of my knowledge, have a database anywhere online.  They tend not to start putting cards in gatherer until right up to release.  So yep.

To answer your questions about the ICD, there are certain things to look for, but the five mythics are pretty reliable.  That said, it's the best place to look currently as Wizards will be releasing things officially soon, and the ICDs will be straight from them.
Any card mentioned above is 100% 'real.'

Best place for rumours and confirmations is right here, beaten only by official Wizards pages. 
Thank you I-rock. I wish your answer was "---->this link<---- will bring you to the page showing every card Wizards has offically spoiled so far", but (since that doesn't exist) you have effectively answered my question.

This should pretty much cover you.

www.mtgsalvation.com/gatecrash-spoiler.h...

Its generally updated pretty quickly as well once things are spoiled and verified. Layout is pretty self-explanatory.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
When the spoiler season is fully under sway, Wizards does have a page we could link to with all the officially revealed cards, but they don't have that up yet.
When the spoiler season is fully under sway, Wizards does have a page we could link to with all the officially revealed cards, but they don't have that up yet.

^ That Page also tends to stay a day behind, and is usually missing some cards.
The page Living_Wings linked updates once a day (At the same time DailyMTG updates) with all cards spoiled by official sources since the last update.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Hey excellent! Apparently I just need to wait one more day. Thanks for your help guys.

-Original 
You can trust most spoiler threads here.  If it's a fake, someone will pretty much always point it out in the first page of posts.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl