Pauper Black Zombie deck

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I want to build a black or black/blue zombie deck for my brother's girlfriend because she LOVES zombies. I would like it to feel more horror film-y. Also, she is very new to Magic (as in she learned tonight how to play) and I want to keep it pretty budgeted. No more than a $1 per card at most. I really appreciate any and all card/deck suggestions
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

I looked in innistrad zombies and i put this deck together

I Hope i gave you some ideas where to start from

That is a great starter, I have many of those cards just laying around, although I may not involve the demons, I could just add a few older cards I have since this is just a fun deck for someone who really loves zombies
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Throw in 'Army of the Damned' for more zombie fun! Sorry I don't know how to link the card plus I'm on my phone.
I like Unbreathing Horde for zombies.  Black Cat is one of my favorite zombies so far too (even though I don't run it in any decks).  Then of course there are the zombie "lords" like Diregraf Captain and Lord of the Undead
Lord of the Undead was $10 last night at my game shop, so I dont think I can put any in here, but yes to the Black Cat, the husband hates it
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Lord of the Undead was $10 last night at my game shop, so I dont think I can put any in here, but yes to the Black Cat, the husband hates it

wow, it is... man I've really lost track of prices.  Lord of the Undead was like $2 each when I made my zombie deck

Cemetery Reaper is a decent substitute though.  I hope he's not too expensive too, I didn't realize I'd end up with expensive tastes (I keep wanting to recomend things like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth which are like $20 now, ugh)
Haha, thats quite alright
I have expensive card taste too, just not the money for it
I think the Cemetery Reaper is a little over a dollar, so I may try to pick up a few.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Haha, thats quite alright I have expensive card taste too, just not the money for it I think the Cemetery Reaper is a little over a dollar, so I may try to pick up a few. Thanks for all the suggestions!

any time, Zombies are one of my favorite tribes too.

also, if Unbreathing horde[/]c won't work, one of my personal favorites is good ol' [c]Soulless One.  I like to run Nameless Inversion too in zombie decks because an inversion in the GY is still a zombie for the purposes of cards like Soulless One and Unholy Grotto

I also like Altar's Reap, especially if you're running cards with cool death effects like Black cat and Festering goblin 
Sign In to post comments