Castle Ravenloft: Adventure 3 - Keep drawing Encounter cards in the laboratory?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all.  Very much a noob and only played through my second game tonight.  (I've never played any D&D before.)  When you get near the end of this adventure, you find an evil sorcerer in the laboratory.  You need to destroy him and his artifact to win.  We found it best to stay in his tile to keep attacking and hope he didn't hit us with his attack.  Because we weren't exploring, do we have to draw an encounter card each turn?  We played it that way, but it made this final "boss fight" extremely tough.  We lost by the way.

Thanks for any help. 
Hi all.  Very much a noob and only played through my second game tonight.  (I've never played any D&D before.)  When you get near the end of this adventure, you find an evil sorcerer in the laboratory.  You need to destroy him and his artifact to win.  We found it best to stay in his tile to keep attacking and hope he didn't hit us with his attack.  Because we weren't exploring, do we have to draw an encounter card each turn?  We played it that way, but it made this final "boss fight" extremely tough.  We lost by the way.

Thanks for any help. 

The rules on pg.7 under "Villain Phase" says
1. If you didn't place a dungeon tile in your Exploration Phase, or if you placed a Dungeon tile with a black triangle, draw and play an Encounter card.
That tells me that yes, if you do no exploring and place no tiles, then you must draw an Encounter card at the beginning of every villain phase.
It may make things tough, but hey, whoever said being a hero was easy?
I ran out of tiles so I just drew encouter cards
Sign In to post comments