Pay Life for Tokens?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there a card that does such a thing? I'm running a Trostani, Selesnya's Voice commander and I usually end up wth quite a bit of life. Is there a way that I can use this life as some sort of advantage instead of just stockpiling it?
I don't believe so. Closest thing that comes to mind is Bitterblossom, but that's in the wrong colors.

If you have life to burn, you could always just put Channel on a Stick.

Pay Life for Tokens?
Is there a card that does such a thing? I'm running a Trostani, Selesnya's Voice commander and I usually end up wth quite a bit of life. Is there a way that I can use this life as some sort of advantage instead of just stockpiling it?

I don't believe so. Closest thing that comes to mind is Bitterblossom, but that's in the wrong colors.

If you have life to burn, you could always just put Channel on a Stick.

Isochron Scepter allows you to exile an instant card.  Channel is a sorcery.

Right, right.
I meant the other stick. Always get them confused.
Phyrexian Processor is your best bet. As a bonus, with Doubling Season xor Parallel Lives, you get double whatever you invested with each activation (with Trostani's help). With both, it's quadruple. And you don't need to worry about losing too much life.

The most abusable token general is Ghave, though.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Right, right.

Both Panoptic Mirror and Channel are banned in commander.

Level 1 Judge

Right, right.

Both break the one-of rule and broken at 20 life means more broken at 40 life are banned in commander.

Fixed.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

Both break the one-of rule and broken at 20 life means more broken at 40 life are banned in commander.

Fixed.

Yes, the Commander Rules say that Panoptic Mirror and Channel are banned, but what do you mean that Panoptic Mirror breaks the singleton rule?

Were you thinking of Spellweaver Helix which is much less useful in the Commander format?
Yes, the Commander Rules say that Panoptic Mirror and Channel are banned, but what do you mean that Panoptic Mirror breaks the singleton rule?

With tutors and the mirror (which can also imprint said tutors), you're free to have as many copies of an instant or sorcery as you want. It's not directly breaking the rules, but it skirts them in a way as to break the spirit of the rules.
139359831 wrote:
Felidar Sovereign,  Test of Endurance,  Serra Ascendant,  Chalice of Life,  Ajani Goldmane,  Serra Avatar,  Ajani's Pridemate,  Celestial Convergence,  Eternity Vessel,  Beacon of Immortality,  Tree of Redemption
Ageless Entity,  Cradle of Vitality,  Rhox Faithmender.  

P.S. When you activate Tree of Redemption and your life total goes up, it does count as gainin life. And even though Rhox Faithmender doesnt do anything with the life you have, but if its not already in your deck, then it should be

EDIT: sorry about all of those "spans" I dont know why they are there but if anybody who reads this knows please help
Felidar Sovereign,  Test of Endurance,  Serra Ascendant,  Chalice of Life,  Ajani Goldmane,  Serra Avatar,  Ajani's Pridemate,  Celestial Convergence,  Eternity Vessel,  Beacon of Immortality,  Tree of Redemption
Ageless Entity,  Cradle of Vitality,  Rhox Faithmender.  

P.S. When you activate Tree of Redemption and your life total goes up, it does count as gainin life. And even though Rhox Faithmender doesnt do anything with the life you have, but if its not already in your deck, then it should be

EDIT: sorry about all of those "spans" I dont know why they are there but if anybody who reads this knows please help 

118.5. If an effect sets a player's life total to a specific number, the player gains or loses the necessary amount of life to end up with the new total.

Also, many of those (Ajani, Avatar, Ascendant, FELIDAR) have seen play. Not to mention EDH possibilities.

139359831 wrote: