Control Switch & Trample Questions

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I gain control of a equipment my opponent controls and equip it to a creature I control, what happens if I lose control of the equipment at the end if the turn? I would think it is still equipped to My creature. Is that correct?

Also if I have a trample creature and attack, if my opponent blocks and then their creature leaves the battlefield by a effect, will trample damage still take place?
If I gain control of a equipment my opponent controls and equip it to a creature I control, what happens if I lose control of the equipment at the end if the turn? I would think it is still equipped to My creature. Is that correct?

Correct. It is still attached to your creature for the time being, though your opponent will likely move it when he gets a chance.
Also if I have a trample creature and attack, if my opponent blocks and then their creature leaves the battlefield by a effect, will trample damage still take place?

All of the attacking creature's damage must be assigned to the defending player (or planeswalker).