Castle Ravenloft : Movement and Adjacency

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi Folks,

Need some opinions on a couple of the rules:

1. The rules say you can move twice during your hero phase. Does that mean you can expend you speed twice? For example if your speed is 5, are you allowed to move 10?

2. Is an adjacent square across tiles considered "adjacent"?  My feeling is that adjacent was intended to be same tile. What are you thoughts?

Thanks,

--Les   

Not really sure, the rules are kinda unclear. On one hand it says(pg. 6 under "Hero Phase"), during your turn you can take one of these actions - 1. move then attack, 2. Attack then move. 3. Make two moves. That seems to imply you can move up to twice your speed, yet on the next page under movement, it says that your speed is the number of spaces your hero can move PER TURN. (I think that maybe it should read PER MOVE ACTION) That implies, if your hero's speed is 5, that is all you have for the turn, (pg. 7, "How do You Move?") which IMO conflicts somewhat with he two moves per turn thing. I would think, thay yes, you could move up to ten spaces, should you decide to move twice during your turn.
 Squares that are adjacent are adjacent whether thay are on the same tile or not. 

Not really sure, the rules are kinda unclear. On one hand it says(pg. 6 under "Hero Phase"), during your turn you can take one of these actions - 1. move then attack, 2. Attack then move. 3. Make two moves. That seems to imply you can move up to twice your speed, yet on the next page under movement, it says that your speed is the number of spaces your hero can move PER TURN. (I think that maybe it should read PER MOVE ACTION) That implies, if your hero's speed is 5, that is all you have for the turn, (pg. 7, "How do You Move?") which IMO conflicts somewhat with he two moves per turn thing. I would think, thay yes, you could move up to ten spaces, should you decide to move twice during your turn.
 Squares that are adjacent are adjacent whether thay are on the same tile or not. 

Thanks for your response.

The reason I bring up the concept of "adjacency" is because it is possible to be both 1 tile away and adjacent. Often there are benefits for the hero to use those terms loosely by placing monsters or heroes in certain positions.

I don't have one particular example to point to, but it does seem to me that if a monster is 2 tiles away and moves one tile closer, at the end of that move the monster should be 1 tile away, instead of adjacent because the monster is placed on a tile edge where a hero happens to be standing on the other side.

Looking for more input regarding moving twice during a hero phase just because it is one of those rules that seems to be a sticking point in our house game.

1. Yes, the movement would be 10, if you used a double-move action.

2.Adjacent generally refers to what is directly around your character. If it said adjacent tile, instead of adjacent square, it intends you can attack anything on the nearby 4x4 tiles, generally, a short-range attack.