Nonbasic Land Question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a couple of questions about nonbasic land

Question 1a:
Will cards like Elvish Aberration that have "Forestcycling" allow you to search for nonbasic forest such as Taiga?

Question 1b:
Will cards like Nature's Lore or Skyshroud Claim that say "Forest card" allow you to search for nonbasic forest such as Taiga?

Question 2:
Will Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle trigger with nonbasic mountains such as Badlands?
Yes, yes, and yes. All of the cards you mentioned are looking for a card with the subtype "forest" (or mountain in valakut's case), and will match nonbasic versions such as Taiga, Badlands, Sapseep Forest, etc. They will not work with cards like Karplusan Forest, because karplusan forest does not have any land types.
I have a couple of questions about nonbasic land

Question 1a:
Will cards like Elvish Aberration that have "Forestcycling" allow you to search for nonbasic forest such as Taiga?

Question 1b:
Will cards like Nature's Lore or Skyshroud Claim that say "Forest card" allow you to search for nonbasic forest such as Taiga?

Question 2:
Will Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle trigger with nonbasic mountains such as Badlands?

Yes to all 3.
Yes, yes, and yes. All of the cards you mentioned are looking for a card with the subtype "forest" (or mountain in valakut's case), and will match nonbasic versions such as Taiga, Badlands, Sapseep Forest, etc. They will not work with cards like Karplusan Forest, because karplusan forest does not have any land types.

I had always used them that way, but had never thought to make sure wheteher it was the subtype that it was looking for. Thanks for letting me know I was using them correctly.

But I have one last Question. If I have Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Prismatic Omen on the field, will all land even ones such as Darksteel Citadel trigger Valakut because Prismatic Omen makes them Mountain as they enter the battlefield?
html_removed
If I have Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Prismatic Omen on the field, will all land even ones such as Darksteel Citadel trigger Valakut because Prismatic Omen makes them Mountain as they enter the battlefield?

Yes, provided you have enough lands.

I had always used them that way, but had never thought to make sure wheteher it was the subtype that it was looking for. Thanks for letting me know I was using them correctly.

But I have one last Question. If I have Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and Prismatic Omen on the field, will all land even ones such as Darksteel Citadel trigger Valakut because Prismatic Omen makes them Mountain as they enter the battlefield? html_removed

Yes.
Alright. Thank y'all for all of your help with this. Smile
Provided you have enough lands, Valakut will even trigger for itself entering the battlefield if you have Prismatic Omen out.
Provided you have enough lands, Valakut will even trigger for itself entering the battlefield if you have Prismatic Omen out.

Really? I didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip. I might use it in a deck in the future.