another set i won't finish: Angels, Demons, and Outcasts

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
There are Angels and Demons on the plane of Jask, but for once they're not warring. The angels are too pacifistic to wage war on the demons, and the demons are too cowardly to wage war on someone as strong as the angels. They have names, by the way. The angels are called the Eldya, and the demons the Til.

For a long time the angels have done nothing but play the doctors in the various wars that have outbroken over the decades. This is despite their great military strength. More recently there have been certain internal forces lobbying for change. There are those who think the angels should finally take up arms and fight those that do wrong, such as the Til. Reya is one such angel. She believes that  the Til needs to be stopped, but the majority of her kin believe in the templar's lies, that the Til keep to themselves. She knows about the kidnappings and the experiments. She lost her mother to them. All she has left is her sister, Rena. Eventually Reya's public declerations got a little too loud, and she found herself an outcast among her kind.  Rena followed her in her descent from the great cloud cities of the Eldya.

The demons are a simple and far less interesting kind. They torture, murder, steal, every despicable thing you could think of. Usually their orgies of violence ARE self-contained, but in the interest of experimentation, many of the higher demons have taken to kidnapping denizens of lesser races like the PiruPiru, or the Eldya who won't fight back. One such man was named Dact. He was a brilliant man, a genius really. His experiments brought him closer to the seat of god than any man before him had. The templars intervened before things went too far, and he found himself exiled from his home. He took his research on the road, and is close to finding a new source of victims to disect.

New Mechanic: Deathcast -- Allows you to exile creatures (either the casting creature or another creature, depending on the case) to acheive effects.

Here are some angel cards, some demon cards, and two legendaries.

Hand of Eldya - 3W
Creature - Angel Priest [C]
Flying
Sacrifice ~: Regenerate target creature.
2/3

Blinding Seer - 2W
Creature - Angel Wizard [C]
Deathcast - T, Exile a creature from your graveyard: Tap target attacking creature.
0/4

Angelic Assistant - W
Creature - Faerie [C]
Deathcast - Exile a creature from your graveyard: You gain 2 life.
1/1

Dark Ritualist - B
Creature - Human Wizard [C]
Deathcast - 1B, Exile ~ from your graveyard and reveal a card from your hand, the revealed card costs 3 less to cast this turn.
1/1

Tortured Ghast - 1B
Creature - Spirit [C]
Deathcast - B, Exile ~ from your graveyard: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
2/1

Ripper of Til - 2BB
Creature - Demon [C]
Sacrifice a creature: ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
3/2

Reya, Heavenly Outcast - 4RW
Creature - Angel Mercenary [R]
First Strike, Flying, Haste
~ gets +1/+0 for each creature in your graveyard or in exile.
5/3

Dact, Savant Sadist - B
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard [M]
Sacrifice a Creature: Put 2 +1/+1 counters on ~.
As long as ~ has 5 or more +1/+1 counters on it, it has deathtouch and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game."
1/1 

please post cards in my threads they are special places to me

All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. -Lysander Spooner - "Trial by Jury" (19th century)

If you are unhappy with the recent update, especially if you are leaving or are thinking of leaving, please email me at gameostasis@gmail.com so we can talk about a solution. 

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Funny, deathcast's like my old martyr mechanic from my wedge set. (It was the Kaalia-colored mechanic.)

Martyr--When ~ dies, you may exile it. If it is exiled this way, _instant/sorcery- or enchantment-like effect_.

Rarity mattered a lot in martyr.

Reya Dawnbringer exists.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Deathcast needs to be more consistent. Either make it "Deathcast – [cost], Exile ~ from your graveyard: [effect]" or "Deathcast – [cost], Exile a creature card from your graveyard: [effect]."

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

I hare to rain on your parade, but common Angels and Demons are a horrid idea since those creatures are meant to be big and splashy.
I hare to rain on your parade, but common Angels and Demons are a horrid idea since those creatures are meant to be big and splashy.

Things that are otherwise rare can be made more common if the set theme calls for it. Avacyn Restored did that a lot with Voice of the Provinces, Seraph of Dawn and that Demon reprint of Mass of Ghouls.

Things that are otherwise rare can be made more common if the set theme calls for it. Avacyn Restored did that a lot with Voice of the Provinces, Seraph of Dawn and that Demon reprint of Mass of Ghouls.

That's very true. However, neither of the Angels is splashable. I guess that's what I was getting at.

That's very true. However, neither of the Angels is splashable. I guess that's what I was getting at.

Um, yes, but there is a difference between "creatures strong as Seraph of the Dawn at common can't be splashable" and "common Angels are a horrid idea."
I'm Autistic. Therefor, the filter between my brain and fingers isn't as strong as a neurotypical's. Thus, I may say one thing, the wrong thing, while trying to say something completely different. Mind you, I know what I'm trying to say and think everyone else will as well.

Urza block did it with Tormented Angel.

Splashy commons aren't all that, um, common, tho. You generally make higher rarities either 1) better, 2) more complicated, 3) more broad wrt the color pie, or 4) bigger.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
I do not beleive you are autistic at all, but I may be confusing you with a different troll. Today was a long day.
I do not beleive you are autistic at all, but I may be confusing you with a different troll. Today was a long day.

We haven't seen that guy around for a while.

But Asperger's is now a type of street cred. It's the "See? Even the doctor says I'm an ubernerd." thing. Slightly less infuriating than parents who believe their child is special because of how selfish the kid acts.
139359831 wrote:
I find that offensive as I actually have aspergers and some other social disorders. Its not really autism, its more like autism's cousin.
I find that offensive as I actually have aspergers and some other social disorders. Its not really autism, its more like autism's cousin.

I didn't mean you. (In fact, I really can't see any signs of it in your writing style.) And I think it's over now that Adrian Lamo (who had an Asperger's dx) is persona non grata at hacker conventions. (Something about snitching on a dude who snitched on the US government to a white-haired Australian.)

Besides Aspergers, a number of diseases have subculture cachet:

*"Allergic to meat" is something like this for vegans. It's also a nonexistent medical condition. (To explain, an allergy is an autoimmune response. Food allergies actually fade away as you get older. Less than 2% of Americans have food allergies, and of those, the most common allergens are peanuts, nuts, wheat, milk, eggs, soy, fish, and shellfish.)
*Bipolar to artists. Should be fairly obvious. Again, "my psychiatrist says I'm overly emotional and impuslive!"
*Synesthesia to the spirit medium crowd. What's funny is, LSD simulates the effects of synesthesia pretty well.
*HIV was this to gay men in the 80s. Not in a bragging way, but many became resigned to the idea that they would get it.
*I'd assume that with the rise of Dr. Oz and his imitators among the daytime talk show set, this will continue.
139359831 wrote:
No I meant that people that think its a status thing are offensive. Also I have some of those other things too :9
No I meant that people that think its a status thing are offensive. Also I have some of those other things too :9

It's a perverse mind that thinks being awkward at parties and perfectionistic makes you automatically have something in the DSM. It's an even more perverse mind that self-diagnoses.
139359831 wrote:
Oh my god shut it you have no idea what a dick you're being right now.

I have reported that post.
Are you trolling imi or did I miss something o.o
Viashino Drake creature Viashino Drake
flying, flash
When Viashino Drake resolves return a land you control to owner's hand.
Return Viashino Drake to owner's hand at the end of turn, if it attacked or blocked.
~"let's play the quiet game"-Queen Cobra
3/3
NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

Dact + Lotus Petal + Swamp or Mountain + Memnite +Ornithopter + Phyrexian Walker + Any 1 Mana Red Haste Granter = Turn 1 Win.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Sign In to post comments