Me again.

15 posts / 0 new
Last post

Is that a good deck? What changes can  i make? I tried it on workstation and work pretty well, its viable or not? Im really considering to build this one! And remove 2 creatures and add a planeswalker! 

Sincerely,

CrazyDats 

Creatures (35)

Lands (16)

If you're going to add a planeswalker, Nissa Revane seems obvious to me. I'm a little puzzled why you have the Snow Covered Forest in your deck though. It doesn't look like it serves a purpose. Also, you have a bunch of elves that require you to tap other elves, which could be useful given the right circumstances, but maybe I'm not seeing it. For all your weenies in here, you could also look at a card like Aluren to combo with your Glimpse of Nature, then hit big and fast. 
Thank you for the advice, i didnt make the sideboard yet! But yes i will add nissa...Really good one whit this deck!

What should i use insteed of the covered forest?

And thanks Aluren will be welcome! Do you recommend to change the taps elves for anothers one? Wich ones you have in mind?

Sicnerely,
CrazyDats 
aluren and nissa revane are both pointless in an elves deck. nissa revane does nothing useful, and Aluren is unnecessary because the deck already generates so much mana
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
dingus is trolling.  Everything suggested is 100% wrong and absolutely terrible.

Regular forests can be used instead of Snow-Covered Forests.  There is really no reason for them to be snow lands.

The list looks ok, but probably not the ideal version of Elves.  Here's what I'd change:

-2 Ezuri
-5 Snow-Covered Forest
-3 Forest
-1 Gaea's Cradle

+1 Mirror Entity
+2 Savannah
+6 green fetchlands (Verdant Catacombs, Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heath, Misty Rainforest.  The exact ones don't matter.)
+1 Birchlore Rangers
+1 Quiron Ranger
Ok mad... i was waiting for your suggestion^^ im your fan xD

So its not good to put a planeswalker ? like Garruk Wildspeaker?? And can i change <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Gaea]+[s]+[Cradle]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Gaea's Cradle</a> for anything else? so expensive card!
I wouldn't bother with any planeswalkers.  Don't be fooled by all the creatures, the deck is a combo deck.  That means you want to be winning the game on turn 2-3.  Planeswalkers are only good when you expect them to sit in play for several turns, giving you several small advantages over those turns.  That's why they're so good in control decks.  In a deck where you want to end the game early, they're terrible.

Unfortunately, there is no real replacement for the Cradles.  They're expensive because they're unique, old and very, very good.  You can play the deck without them to start (don't play Crop Rotation), using Forests (or fetch lands) instead.  The deck just won't be as good or as powerful.  You probably don't need two, but I'd really want one before I played the deck in a bigger tournament.

Thanks for the advice, how is it now?  

Creatures (36)

Lands (16)

And btw, when i put a forest in game, tap it and put on a Llanowar Elves, i can tap it to generate another mana? or i need to wait for the next turn??

And what you think about Elvish Archdruid?

Thank you,
Sincerely
Crazydats
omg i cant use 2 savannah, expensive as gaea's crandle! =x
All creatures are "summoning sick", meaning they cannot be tapped in order to pay for their own abilities.  So you can't use Llanowar Elves' ability to make mana the turn you play it, but you can use it (and two other Elves) to make mana using Heritage Druid's ability.

Archdruid is way too slow.

Unfortunately, Legacy cards are very expensive.  Budgetizing decks is generally a very bad idea because Legacy decks are extremely powerful so giving up any number of percentage points from running inferior cards often has disasterous effects to your win percentage.  If you can't swallow the cost of certain Legacy cards (usually the mana base), you probably shouldn't be trying to play the format.  Check out Standard, Modern, Block Constructed (online only) or Pauper (online only) instead.  Elves is one of the cheapest Legacy decks in the format.  The only cheaper deck I can think of off the top of my head would be Burn.
Savannah and Mirror Entity aren't exactly necessary, and you won't see the latter in most lists. they give you a way to generate near-infinite mana (in combination with Wirewood Symbiote) but the deck is already really good at sustaining its own engine

if Savannah is too expensive for you this might not be applicable advice, but the black splash (for Deathrite Shaman, Abrupt Decay, discard, various other stuff) is popular now and seems very strong.
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Oh man, i really enjoy this Deathrite Shaman  it will be good on my deck? What you suggest to use with him? And what creature i remove to put it on? 

thank you! 
dingus is trolling.  Everything suggested is 100% wrong and absolutely terrible.

Excuse me, but I was not trolling. I was offering my opinion. I don't play Magic professionally, I play for fun. I was suggesting cards that I believed would help. You're welcome to your opinion, but do not call me a troll. 
If you weren't so obviously 100% wrong about everything you said, I wouldn't have mistaken you for a troll.  Or if you hadn't disappeared after you posted something so incorrect...

Also, this is a section devoted to developing and talking about competitive decks.  If you just play for fun, you're going to be throwing out a lot of very, very bad advice.  What might fly at your kitchen table is going to get you crushed at many tournaments, even ones where the metagame is very immature (i.e. not a lot of tiered decks around).
Sign In to post comments