Char Idea

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Xeph ninja 17/swashbuckler 3 
Feats: Lv1: TWF
Lv3: Improved Initiative 
Lv6:Xeph clarity
Lv9: Daring Outlaw
Lv12: Weapon focus kukuri
Lv 15: Improved critical Kukuri 
Lv 18: Improved TWF

BAB +15 
Full attack would look something like this +13/+13/+8/+8/+3 
Now a full attack using xeph clarity 2 times would look like this +13/+13/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3 
Now throw in the +6 from dex for weapon finesse from the swashbuckler and the +1 from weapon focus and say a +3 weapon that makes the full attack look something like this +23/+23/+23/+23/+12/+12/+7 with a crit of 15-20/x2 and 10D6 sneak attack damage and 9D6 sudden strike damage 
Plus int and str to damage so +2 and +3 for total of 5 

Damage could look something like this: 1D4+5+3 +9D6 sudden strike damage +10D6 sneak attack damage  
Low end damage ( total bottem out is 28 x 7 =196 damage )  (Max  is 126x7=882 damage)    Average is just about 100 per atttack calculated 882-196/7 gives 98 and that is no criticals so what you think ?   
         
        
so what you think ?

I think you did it wrong.  You get +9d6 sudden strike and +2d6 sneak attack.  Aside from that, the feat is "Xeph Celerity", and those last 3 feats are poo.  You'd be better off getting a level or two of swordsage (preferably 2) somewhat late in the game. That can give you Weapon Focus for free, though you won't want to use it on kukris, because you'll also be taking the Shadow Blade feat, which only works on certain weapons, but adds your Dex mod to damage.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
How are you getting 10d6 sneak attack first of all, secondly please I urge you to reconsider the last 3 feats, perhaps craven would be handy for you but not weapon focus, improved crit can be replaced with the "keen enchant" or a scabbard of keen edges and finally improved twf you can get for free using "gloves of the balanced hand" found in the mic, granting the feat for free, also I would change like draco said too grab a couple swordsage levels, grabbing shadowblade, sword sage also will help you trigger sudden strike more reliably. If I recall its more restrictive then sneak attack. Finally I'm assuming your daring outlaw feat gives you sudden strike and stacks with ninja instead of rogue (dm call I don't think the feat workss that's way) but its not a huge stretch just make sure the dm knows that obviously
From what I understood your ninja and swashbuckler levels stack for the sneak attack but not for sudden strike so the last time I looked a 20th level rogue has 10D6 sneak attack damage because you have 9D6 Sudden strike and that ninja level + the 3 from swash gives you the 10D6 sneak attack. No it dose not stack but it count for sneak attack damage it dose not add to the sudden strike but the levels count for sneak attack damage. Craven would be nice but TOB is not allowed the eberron books are not allowed DM can nut understand or dose not like how a construct can cast spells and thinks that shifters are very very very OP but the drow are ok in his games and not OP and dragons can still fly my answer to him on both of these are warforge cast spells like dragons fly ( magic) and if shifters are OP what in the hell are the drow and you allow them as playable char it is him being loked in his forgotten realms place and not allowing much in to make the game boring as hell and basically I have to kill off my char to make new ones to keep excitment in the game for myself so I try to screw him over as best I can when he pulls crap like this. Last game he went as far to say that rightous fury when cast on myslef was subject to spell resistance against the dragon I hit after I made my charge and made me roll to by pass the spell resistance of the dragon this is why I have to keep thing interesting for myslef in the games....... If they do not stack the way I think they do please explain if you can but this is what I understand from the feat
From Complete Adventurer (page 8):

For the purposes of qualifying for feats, prestige classes, and similar options that require a minimum number of sneak attack extra damage dice, treat the ninja's sudden strike ability as the equivalent of sneak attack.

This means that your Ninja can take ambush feats and can enter prestige classes that require sneak attack dice, but not that you can replace the term 'rogue' with the term 'ninja'.  Daring Outlaw expressly states that your Rogue levels stack with your Swashbuckler levels;  you could take the feat (since you fill both prerequisites), but you'd only have the sneak attack capability of a 3rd-level Rogue (your Rogue levels plus your Swashbuckler levels)...which is 2d6.  The caveat at the end of Sudden Strike ("The extra damage from the sudden strike ability stacks with the extra damage from sneak attack whenever both would apply to the same target.") only applies to the damage dealt, not to them acting as the same abilities (even though the wording is almost identical).
I see so it is the levels in buckler that would give you the sneak attack damage not the combination of the ninja and the buckler levels OK makes sense now but sucks at the same time. 

But if you continue in buckler the sneak attack would increase for that feat so 5/ buckle 3D6 7/ 4D6 9/ 5D6 plus 2D6 sudden from ninja plus invisible not to bad for a start at level 12 I guess would have to work on it a little more to make better but think it could have some promiss If you toss in some PRC  that add sneak attack to increae sneak attack and that have a good BAB to keep BAB up I think books not in front of me but a 9 buckler 3 ninja would get +11 to strike I think with possible 7D6 precise damage That is still better then a rogue 12 by 1D6 but still better  
Craven ironically is forgotten realms(so yay) and with tob out of the equation you will need invisibility to activly apply your sudden strike, the ring is good, a wand is better, a party memeber is probably best, but you might want to slowly help your dm expand on his knowledge(not by screwing him over but showing them how they work and showing its not borked). Finally in the case of a presteige class perhaps invisible blade (using the complete warrior errata is a good class) or nightsong enforcer (come adventurer) for giving the bab and the sneak attack that you miss out on. Finally you qualify for daring outlaw but don't really receive a very big benefit from it, unless its house ruled to add to ninja instead of rogue
Oh, no! It's CoDZILLA!!! /badly dubbed English
If you're goal is to break the game and make your DM cry, you only need a cleric or a Druid. The spellcasting ability is comparable to a wizard, and either one does better in melee than a fighter.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
I have run that cleric build before and he has outlawed divine meta magic so that stops that and night sticks are not allowed. The biggest problem I guess is he likes to have the game broken and then fix it to make him look good when all he has to do is open the book up to us if some players do not have the dbooks top use then to bad you can always ask to read the book we have in hard copy or PDF. Just stop being lazy and ask to read the books. In the case of the DM having it brken for his fun to fix it I still have no idea what to do he has his mind set and that is that but I keep trying but getting to the end of my rope and \i soon will make a char with the books we are allowed and crack the game open like a tin can if he dose not smarten up and realize what he is doing.
I have run that cleric build before and he has outlawed divine meta magic so that stops that and night sticks are not allowed. The biggest problem I guess is he likes to have the game broken and then fix it to make him look good when all he has to do is open the book up to us if some players do not have the dbooks top use then to bad you can always ask to read the book we have in hard copy or PDF. Just stop being lazy and ask to read the books. In the case of the DM having it brken for his fun to fix it I still have no idea what to do he has his mind set and that is that but I keep trying but getting to the end of my rope and \i soon will make a char with the books we are allowed and crack the game open like a tin can if he dose not smarten up and realize what he is doing.

You want one?  Here ya go:

Human Druid (no PrC's necessary; just druid):
1) Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augmented Summoning
3) Companion Spellbond (if it's allowed)
6) Natural Spell

That's all you need.  Improved Natural Attack (usually claws or bite) is handy at level 9, but you could easily just pick Toughness at every level but 1 & 6 and still break the game.  And every single one of the necessary feats is in the PHB or Monster Manual.  Spellbond Companion is in PHB2.  Everything else is overkill.  

And after you destroy the game, offer to DM.  You don't want the other players pissed at you. 
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Yep just point out how his precious core is not perfect then say I won't do it again if you open up other material, and secondly if he doesn't like that copy his cute little pdfs and play your own game
Yeah summoning nasty creatures to come kill for your and having your animal companion do the same the changing into something crazy and eating their faces off sounds like alot of fun but I was was thinking something like this at level 20


Druid 5 Master of may formes 10 warshaper 5


Human druid 5

Feats: Lv1 Alertness, Endurance
          Lv3 open fat
          Lv6 Extra wild shape
          Lv9 Improved natural attack claws
          Lv12 Improved natural attack bite
          Lv15 open feat
          Lv18 open feat
The improved natural attack with the warshaper increase nautral attack damage makes my attacks killer and of course in dragon form they are just nuts   
     
It's worse than Druid 20. You don't get as many wild shapes per day, you don't get as many options for wild shape, AND YOU DON'T HAVE NATURAL SPELL!
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
If you really want to roll in cheese just go planar shepard (faith of ebbero), shoot upon re reading that realized ebberon is banned (LOL) druid 20 it is then, just go wildshape into something big and scary share buffs with pet/summons then go on a rampage, villages, orphanages, bbg's lair, hyronious' court, don't matter your a druid and you flip the bird and walk away, leaving mauled corpses in your wake with your 30ft giant brown bear who has nature avatar on
When u have Access to Level 6 spells just Grab a Rod offen extend and u can have energy immunity to every Type with the spell from the SC.
Is there a PRC that will up 2 divine caster levles or no? I know there are a lot that will do arcane and divine but I had this thought run in my head when I seen the summoner build there a little. I had the idea of a cleric druid build but need a PRC that will advanc eboth of them in spell casting and augmenting turn and rebuke would be nice if ther is such a class anyone know ?


If there is not I got another good idea Druid 12 Compentive 9 taking thr planning domain to get extend spell for free   
There's nothing that increases dual divine casting, nor is there anything that increases both cleric & Druid class abilities.
Why do you insist on taking a PrC? Seriously, just play a human Druid with the three feats I said were necessary, and EVERY OTHER FEAT IS OPEN. You don't need bonus feats. You can blow your feats on garbage like Monkey Grip and Toughness. It doesn't matter what you take, other than those three feats. You walk around wild shaped. You Greater Magic Fang your claws (works on both at once). Your companion is also affected. You summon a boatload of bears. You win. Or, if your DM allows it, you summon a whale - right above your enemies.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Whale above enemies splat heheheheh I remember the good old days heheheh
Ok draco this is what I have to this point

Human Druid 13

Feats: Spell focus (conjuration), Augment summoning, Extend spell, Persistant spell, Retibutive spell, Rapid,Meta Magic


Animal companion: not sure yet if I should take somthing smaller with all the druid buffs to it ot take the biggest thing I can get my hands on ?        
Let's see... Iirc, at this point, you generally want either a dinosaur or a bear.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Opps forgot something Retibutive spell as fun and interesting as it seems I will have to wait till level 15 for that because I need Natural spell first so it is out and natural spell is in


Now you say Dino or bear would that be lowest level with buffs from the druid levels or the biggest thing I can get my hands on?


Now a question that I know my DM will flip over if the answer is what \I have seen all over the boards. Do animal companions get feats and extra attacks as they gain HD and if so where is this ruling at as \i know \i will have to cram this down his throat for him to allow it if it is true ?     
If the animal companion has more than one natural attack they do not gain extra attacks. If they have only one they gain attacks as a creature using a manufactured weapon (by base attack bonus). Yes Animal Companions gain additional feats and ability adjustments by HD as well, similar to any other animal gaining HD.

As far as advice on animals seriously consider a Badger to start. A Wolverine's basically just a larger version of the same animal according to D&D and worth they -3 effective animal companion bonus to upgrade to. These animals are crazy as **** and are dungeon sized naturally, they'll even take Animal Growth and still be Medium or Large respectively. Nothing against the Deinonychus, Flesh Raker or other powerful animal companions, basically you're trading 60' movement and pounce for 30' walk, 10' burrow, 10' climb and rage (a variant that works literally every combat).
If the animal companion has more than one natural attack they do not gain extra attacks. If they have only one they gain attacks as a creature using a manufactured weapon (by base attack bonus).

This is true, but incomplete.  If your effective druid level (as shown on PHB p. 36) is 9 or better, your animal companion gains Multiattack as a bonus feat if it has 3 or more natural weapons.  If it only has one or two, it gets a second attack with a -5 penalty to hit.
As far as advice on animals seriously consider a Badger to start. A Wolverine's basically just a larger version of the same animal according to D&D and worth they -3 effective animal companion bonus to upgrade to. These animals are crazy as **** and are dungeon sized naturally, they'll even take Animal Growth and still be Medium or Large respectively. Nothing against the Deinonychus, Flesh Raker or other powerful animal companions, basically you're trading 60' movement and pounce for 30' walk, 10' burrow, 10' climb and rage (a variant that works literally every combat).

Personally, I would prefer a Riding Dog (trained for war), brown bear, tiger, deinonychus, or dire bear.  The Megaraptor is good, but it's a Huge creature.  That poses problems in dungeon crawls.

Of course, Andarious doesn't give bad advice, so it's really just a matter of personal preference.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Ok draco this is what I have to this point

Human Druid 13

Feats: Spell focus (conjuration), Augment summoning, Extend spell, Persistant spell, Retibutive spell, Rapid,Meta Magic

Natural Spell comes at level 6.  I would say get rid of Persistent Spell (how many 1st-level spells are good enough to cast as 7th level spells?) for that.  You don't really need Rapid Metamagic, either, since your summons scale by level.  So that one's out, too.  If PHB2 is available, grab Companion Spellbond to replace it.
Persistent Spell wouldn't be a bad choice at level 15, though, since you could persist 2nd level spells at that point (and gain access to 9th level spells before your next feat, for persisted Greater Magic Fang).
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
With rapid meta magic I was thinking of persisting a summons. But that only lowers the level by one so I was looking at this combo and I know I will hear about it later but what about a druid 12 cleric 1 with summons domain: give a +2 to caster level on conjuration spells to summon and to create then take the planning domain to gain extend spell for free. Take the persistant spell and divine meta magic feat along with rapid metamagic feat to lower the number ot turn attempts needed to get a summoned creature for 24 hours I know I lose my 7th level spells but with the number of first level spells I could cast for 24 hours I may just be worth it
That's a bad idea.  Seriously, dood, why would you want a wolf that can stick around all day when you can have an elder elemental or dire tiger that can stay for a whole fight, and actually be useful at your level?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
You seem to be aiming for a divine metamagic trick there perhaps. Also keep in mind Persist requires that a spell have a "fixed, or personal range" pretty sure summons don't qualify.
With rapid meta magic I was thinking of persisting a summons. But that only lowers the level by one so I was looking at this combo and I know I will hear about it later but what about a druid 12 cleric 1 with summons domain: give a +2 to caster level on conjuration spells to summon and to create then take the planning domain to gain extend spell for free. Take the persistant spell and divine meta magic feat along with rapid metamagic feat to lower the number ot turn attempts needed to get a summoned creature for 24 hours I know I lose my 7th level spells but with the number of first level spells I could cast for 24 hours I may just be worth it


No.

What you mention here really has too many issues to count.  The first thing is are you even certain that you can Persist a summons spell?  When I look at the feat it can only be used on spells with a fixed range or personal spells and when I look at the summon spells I see a variable range listed; that should just kill the idea right there.  Next, getting +2 CL when casting a summon spell usually gets you a couple more rounds of duration and allows you to have them appear further away but doesn't change much else.  Now using Extend Spell on a summons may not be the worst thing you can do but it only helps if what you summon actually lives that long; a "problem" with a summon spell is that while you may have a 20 round duration or even longer there is no guarentee that what you summon can stick it out to the end.

I'm also of the opinon that Rapid MM certainly isn't worth it if all you're doing is lowering the cost to make DMM use fewer turns.  I would also say that some DMs may have issues with using DMM to boost a spell from a different casting class.
Yeah ok


but here is something I was looking at


Cleric 1/ Druid 12

Divine meta magic+ maximize spell+ retrabution spell +quill burst ( spell conpendium dose not come into play in our game)


With karmic strike and retrabution domain: On a huge like a dragon that would be 5 AOO from karmic strike using a dragon dane sword + 1 attack from retribution domain that dose full damage + on the last attack from the dragon retrabution spell goes off with maximized quill blast that is 24D6 maximized for a toal of 144 poins but that is not the best part and a -24 to attacks saves skills checks ( once agian spell compendium is not in allowed in our game) 

I know wha ppl are going to say how do you live through a dragon attack it realy is easy stoneskin would take the frist 120 points of damage there are my HP on top of that and with a -24 to attack I do not think he will be hitting me any time soon heheheh             
O and if there any to way get summons down to say a standard action move action or even free action like quicken spell dose for wizard and such since quickened spell can not be used on cleric or druid spells it is a pointless feat for the druid and having your summons stay for 24 hours usounds good to me but PS dose not work with summons either now that I have re looked at the feat so lets see take a full round to cast a summon spell umm I say no that is just crazy talk takes to long and by that time who knows you could have taken down the monsters
...so lets see take a full round to cast a summon spell umm I say no that is just crazy talk takes to long and by that time who knows you could have taken down the monsters

Here's druid tactics: Walk around in the best combat wild shape you can get.  If you get a surprise round, you cast buffs on yourself and you animal companion; things like Quickened Bull's Strength, Animal Growth,  and Greater Magic Fang.  The first full round, you summon some of the best stuff you can get.  THEN you go kill people.  If you don't think you need the summons, don't use them. 
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
I could almost swear I've seen either a feat or a class ability that will let you speed up the casting time of a summons spell from 1 round to something less.  Now even if it did reduce the casting time I don't believe the effect actually came into play any sooner.

The thing you should remember about summon spells which also explains why they have a one round casting time is that whatever you summon gets to act when it arrive.  Normally you basically give up your turn casting the spell but right before you go again the spell ends and your summoned creature appears and gets to act right before you act.  Essentially, you give up one activation but then gain the activation for what ever you have summoned.  For one turn every thing is even but for ever round the summon spell lasts you essentially gain one more action then you would have had if you had not used that summon.  If/when a summon spell goes off as a standard action that summons already puts you ahead in actions as you have turned a standard action into something else's full turn and that something else may stick around a little while.
 
Moonspeaker makes Extend automatic, I'm trying to think I know something out there brings Conjuration Summoning spells down to a Standard action, been years since I played this build, pre-build repository.
Moonspeaker is one of my favorite classes and \i love shifters but my DM has not allowed eberron stuff because he just can not understand it and since he can not he dose not like it he thinks that shiftrs are OP but thinks Drow are ok I do not get that one bit but it is what he thinks
This ia what ia allowed and disallowed see if you can come up with something before Fri


The following is a list of books that are usable


Players Handbook (D&D)


Players Handbook II (D&D)


Complete Arcane (D&D)


Complete Divine (D&D)


Complete Adventurer (D&D)


Complete Warrior (D&D)


Complete Mage (D&D)


Complete Scoundral (D&D)


Complete Psionics (D&D)


Expanded Psionics (D&D)


Miniatures Handbook (D&D)


Races of Stone (D&D)


 


Arcana Evolved (Sword and Sorcery)


Rituals & Relics II (Sword and Sorcery)


 


Forgotten Realms Dieties Supplement


Races of Faerun (Forgotten Realms)


Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting


 


Wheel of Time Campaign Setting


 


Quintessential Chaos Mage


 


The following material will NOT be allowed


Feats:


Extra Spell Secret (Complete Arcane)


All Sudden Meta-magic feats


All Rapid Meta-magic feats


Prestige Classes:


Grey Guard (Complete Scoundral)

Take the Companion Spellbond feat in PHB2. It increases the allowed distance for speeds shared with your familiar to 30' instead of 5'.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
*spells, not speeds
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls

Get the swift concentration spell trick from Complete Scoundrel. If your DM allows it, using a Bolt from Call Lightning is specified as concentrating on it, so with the skill trikc you could use it as a swift action.


Imbued Summoning from PHB II is a free quicken spell for buffs on summons.


If you want to wildshape in forms with lots of attacks Multiattack is a must and Improved natural attack(claw) or (bite) is always handy, when you have no other feat at hand.


On the caster side, Extend spell is Handy early on, for the hr/lvl buffs and later for 10min/lvl and Quicken Spell will help you with your action economy later on.


Which Monster Manuals are allowed to get a companion?


 If MM2 is allowed and you're Druid 13 you can wildshape in a Legendary Ape, who is capable of using weapons. So you could grap Power attack, a quaterstaff and have some fun with spells like shillelagh, brambles and spikes.

Also here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868802/Druid_Handbook_revived you can find a guide for druids.