gatherer search

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there a way to search for lands that produce certain colors of mana?
If so, how would I go about that?
I can answer half of your question. You can search for lands by the type of mana they produce. I'm not exactly sure how but I think it involves {g} for green {w} for white {u} for blue {b} for black and {r} for red.

Edit I tried it and it works, however, it includes all cards which have a green mana symbol for example {g} in the rules text brings up alchemist's refuge which doesn't add green mana to your mana pool.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Also the above will not include any symbol other than the color you asked, so no phyrexian mana or hybrid mana.
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
Also the above will not include any symbol other than the color you asked, so no phyrexian mana or hybrid mana.

There aren't any lands that would produce phyrexian or hybrid mana, so that's okay.

However, there are lands that can produce mana of any color. Those don't use the mana symbols, so a mana symbol search will fail to find them.
I tried "add {g}" and lands in gatherer.  This is close but not perfect as I noticed some lands might be missed such as searching "add {u}" would not find a Flooded Grove and neither would "{g} to your mana pool".

Cheers
(I neglected to mention before: you should also look for lands that have the appropriate basic land type.)
Is there a way to search for lands that produce certain colors of mana?
If so, how would I go about that?

Your question has already been answered above.  Is there a specific search that you wanted to run?

I tried "add {g}" and lands in gatherer.  This is close but not perfect as I noticed some lands might be missed such as searching "add {u}" would not find a Flooded Grove and neither would "{g} to your mana pool".

Cheers

You can use a regular expression to help with that.
Gatherer search for lands with m/add.*\{G\}/.
Gatherer search for lands with m/add.*\{U\}/.
Gatherer search for lands with m/add.*(\{G\}|\{U\})/.
Not perfect since you get things like Academy Ruins but it will include Flooded Grove.

There aren't any lands that would produce phyrexian or hybrid mana, so that's okay.

However, there are lands that can produce mana of any color. Those don't use the mana symbols, so a mana symbol search will fail to find them.

I know, but I used to use it to search for very specific stuff (not land) and I would miss some cards because of it, so I was just telling him and others that it's not a perfect way to search for stuff
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
{w}, {u}, {b}, {r}, and {g} refer to colored mana symbols, and {#} (replace # with number) for colorless mana. I don't know how to search for (/p)(/p)(/p)(/p)(/p) though.

(We need a way to code the planeswalker symbol, BTW. We have a way to do chaos, but not planeswalker, though both are used in Planechase cards.)

Be aware that "add MANA" or "MANA to your mana pool" won't always get you what you want. The obvious example is Crumbling Necropolis.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
{w}, {u}, {b}, {r}, and {g} refer to colored mana symbols, and {#} (replace # with number) for colorless mana. I don't know how to search for (/p)(/p)(/p)(/p)(/p) though.

(We need a way to code the planeswalker symbol, BTW. We have a way to do chaos, but not planeswalker, though both are used in Planechase cards.)

Be aware that "add MANA" or "MANA to your mana pool" won't always get you what you want. The obvious example is Crumbling Necropolis.

Which Planechase 2012 Phenomenon cards or Planechase 2012 Plane cards contains the Planeswalker symbol in the rules texts?

Ugh, Gatherer is terribly inconsistent.  Academy at Tolaria West and other cards uses the symbol in Gatherer while the Planechase 2012 Planes and Phenomenons use the word "chaos."

Gatherer search for W/U
Gatherer search for U/B
Gatherer search for 2/W
Gatherer search for 2/U
Gatherer search for W/P
Gatherer search for U/P
Gatherer search for {T}
Gatherer search for {Q}
Gatherer search for {S}
Gatherer search for {C}

I addressed this above.  The following searches will indeed include Crumbling Necropolis.
Gatherer search for lands with m/add.*\{U\}/.
Gatherer search for lands with m/add.*\{B\}/.
Gatherer search for lands with m/add.*\{R\}/.
Oh, I was thinking of the dice. I don't have the cards right with me when I post.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments