AD&D 2E Adventure with RM Chars

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
We will have a one-session game on sunday and I'm looking for an adventure module with ready-made characters with it. It doesn't matter if it is unofficial. I'd really appreciate if you have some recommendation from your early sessions.

Thank you.

(Don't tell me that it doesn't take much time to create characters. My intention is different.)
SOoooo many possible adventures but so few 2e adventures actually had "premade characters" that I can't think of any.  For some stupid reason I want to say the City of Skulls (a Greyhawk jailbreak adventure into the Iuz capital) had suggested characters but that may be the extent of adventures with premade characters that I can easily think of.

Dragonlance DL-1 has the pre-gen stats for the heroes of the lance. PDF versions can easily be found online. These modules however take you through the stories which are Krynn/DL-centric. Might not be the route you'd want to go, especially if your players have read the books. 
Thank you for advices. I think I'll go for the ghost tower but city of skulls is also tempting. They both seem short enough so that I can read all and get ready for tomorrow's game.

As you said, Dragonlance is now all known story, I also thought about it. Wish we could've found those when they first came out.
Well, better than nothing right? Laughing
My instant reaction: "Oh! Look! Dueling Banjos!"

But hey, sure. Nothing wrong with props.  
Now whenever I look at them I see banjos. Damn you! Laughing
Well, players did quite a good job but they thought so long on which magic item to buy with the money given at the beginning. We were 4 players and 1 asked to join later. So we started about 2 hours late, then our only female player got so bored of our harcore chats and combat discussions in the middle of the game and we changed her with one of the viewers. (I can't blame her cause dungeon type of roleplay is not for every player) In the end, they just made it to the first metal door which is not even 1/4 way into the game Smile However we had great time on combat, I also put some additional stuff in empty rooms given on the map, to summarize the game was awesome. Thanks for the advice again. We'll go on the same module this sunday and I hope we'll finish this time.

Note: One of my players thought that it is a spoon about what Neue saw as a banjo Laughing
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
the true classic modules with pregens are all 1E. Isle of the Ape stands out. Against the Giants, with its pick of names from obscure Old English words, is another. A lot of the old 1E modules had sample pre-gens at the back.

==Aelryinth
Fighter vs Warblade analysis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19573526/Analyzing_the_Fighter_vs_The_Warblade The Lockdown F/20 iconic build http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19856162/A_little_Lock_build_for_you
Sign In to post comments