Another set i won't finish: Dinosaurs

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
twin trench networks span the great desert plain of Yi. They are filled with soldiers new to the battlefield. The grim atmosphere and lack of veterans teach them the horrors of war before they've even witnessed it themselves. The raptar span the south trench. They fight for their warrior pride, to prove themselves as a powerful nation in a world where their name means nothing. Their opponents are the templar, a force that would see them quelled in interest of preserving the balance of the land. Two ideologies that can not coexist. That it the cause of this confrontation.

"The charge begins at high noon, men!" A familiar voice shouts out. Rapt is a beacon of light among such darkened minds. A mercenary who drifts from battle to battle, winning them all, through luck or through skill. Before the war Rapt was an exile among dinosaur-kind. An extremist and a nationalist. Someone who wanted to fight when no one else did. Now his attitude makes him a hero.

The sun hangs high in the sky, and the battle begins.

New Mechanic: Rend (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player or a creature that player controls, put a rend counter on that player.)

Every dinosaur in the set is planned to have rend, rend is a mechanic that lets your dinosaurs become stronger as the game goes on, which is their core philosophy. Fighting and never giving up, wearing the enemy down, and becoming an unstoppable force in the process. Here's a dinosaur legendary and 5 commons.

Rapt the Hero - 1GR
Legendary Creature - Dinosaur Warrior [R]
Rend, Haste
Whenever ~ attacks, other attacking creatures get trample, haste, and +X/+X, where X is the number of times an opponent is rended.
2/1

Raptar Warrior - 1G
Creature - Dinoasur Soldier [C]
Rend
If an opponent is rended, ~ gets +1/+1
2/2

Razortoothed Bloodletter - 3R
Creature - Dinosaur [C]
Rend
~ gets +1/+0 for each time an opponent is rended.
3/1

Batterer - 4G
Creature - Dinosaur [C]
Rend
When ~ enters the battlefield target creature gains trample. Repeat this effect for each time an opponent is rended.
4/4 

Unrelenting Pride - 1G
Sorcery [C]
Put a 1/1 green dinosaur creature token with rend onto the battlefield.
1R: Return ~ to your hand. 

please post cards in my threads they are special places to me

All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. -Lysander Spooner - "Trial by Jury" (19th century)

If you are unhappy with the recent update, especially if you are leaving or are thinking of leaving, please email me at gameostasis@gmail.com so we can talk about a solution. 

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

It does seem very parasitic, but it still works on its own. In Limited and Sealed, you'd be picking cards because they have rend, rather than the fact that they're interesting or they fill a hole. Essentialy, the strategy would be to reach critical mass and overpower your opponent with synergy. Your cards all seem balanced though, so good work.
Dinosaurs are cool. Magic dinosaurs are cooler. I like putting counters on players. Especially ones that aren't just "You lose now" counters. I really like your setting. Rapt reminds me of the Griffith character from Berserk. Except he's a dinosaur.
So I made a dinosaur 'Walker, and. . .

Nyctalsaurus
Planeswalker - Nyctalsaurus
+1: Exchange Nyctalsaurus's -X ability with target card in a graveyard's activated ability. -X becomes the cost of that ability.
-X: Put the top card of your library into your graveyard, Repeat this process until you have put X cards with activated abilities into your graveyard.
-6: Target creature gains all of Nyctalsaurus's activated abilities. Put 6 Loyalty Counters on that creature.

{5}

. . . would you mind if it's origin story was from Yi?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
neat walker. It doesn't really tie in with any of the dinosaur mechanics in this set though :o i guess for a walker that isn't too important if they have the right backstory. And no i wouldn't mind :o

:o :o :o 

please post cards in my threads they are special places to me

All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. -Lysander Spooner - "Trial by Jury" (19th century)

If you are unhappy with the recent update, especially if you are leaving or are thinking of leaving, please email me at gameostasis@gmail.com so we can talk about a solution. 

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Interesting set, rend is kinda nice but lots of people will hate it.
That's much better than cards that are about infected opponents, because that player quickly loses for having only ~ten~ poison counter, while that player could still have 7-14 life after being rended multiple times.. Of course you're forced to play rend.dec, but people enjoyed playing infect.dec!
Sign In to post comments