Map Help

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm soon to be running with a new group, and we'll be using n on-line tool called RollD20. The only problem is making the maps. Does anyone know if there are any ready-made maps  (I'm going to be running Scales of War) compatable with RollD20, or any simple FREE map making tools that are compatable with RollD20. Any help?
do you mean Roll20?
do you mean Roll20?

Yeah, sorry.
I use OpenOffice Draw for my mapmaking.  Here's an example from one of my PbP games:

You have the free will to agree or disagree.
You have the ability to act freely on the above choice regardless of the consequences.

Maptools works quite well.

Nice work, Astromath.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Astromath, where can I find your OpenOffice draw program to make that kind of map?  Couldn't find it in my Microsoft Office folder.
OpenOffice isn't Microsoft Office.  Just do a search for Open Office in google.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Astro, where do you get the textures from? I'm looking at making and printing maps for my encounters I run with a few mates. (Free printing, yay!)

Regards 
Dundjinni isn't free, but it is excellent and not terribly expensive...
FWIW [4e designer] baseline assumption was that roughly 70% of your feats would be put towards combat effectiveness, parties would coordinate, and strikers would do 20/40/60 at-will damage+novas. If your party isn't doing that... well, you are below baseline, so yes, you need to optimize slightly to meet baseline. -Alcestis
Maptool is a nice free tool.

RPGmapshare.com and the dunjinni forums both have tons of free maps that you can pillage.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
I haven't used mapTools, though that map looks great.  I use pyromancers, which I've been really pleased with.  They'll convert your images to pdf, so you can print them out, tape them together and you've got a really nice battle-map.

Anyone know of a good program that allows for easy ways to do elevation? 
I haven't used mapTools, though that map looks great.  I use pyromancers, which I've been really pleased with.  They'll convert your images to pdf, so you can print them out, tape them together and you've got a really nice battle-map.

Anyone know of a good program that allows for easy ways to do elevation? 

Maptools has options for it I believe, or at least the ability to do 3D mapping, or split-level mapping (ie, 1st/2nd/etc floors of a multiple-floor structure.)
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Sign In to post comments