Requesting Assistance Regarding Warlord Powers

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
My question is in regards to the union of two Warlord powers, specifically the level 1 At-Will Attack Power "Commander's Strike", and the level 2 Utility Power "Flash of Insight".

"Flash of Insight" includes a trigger which reads: "An enemy is hit by your at-will weapon attack."

Now, "Commander's Strike" is an At-Will Power, and it also contains the Weapon keyword and the Attack label, which would, if I'm not mistaken, qualify it as an "at-will weapon attack".

However, the actual effect of "Commander's Strike" is wherein the problem lies, as it isn't a weapon attack by traditional means: it doesn't contain an Attack or Hit line, but instead targets an enemy and confers a free attack to an ally.

So, I can think of three outcomes to the problem: 

1. The trigger for "Flash of Insight" is satisfied as soon as an enemy is targeted by "Commander's Strike".

2. The trigger for "Flash of Insight" is satisfied as soon as the ally to whom the free attack is granted through "Commander's Strike" hits the targeted enemy.

3. The trigger for "Flash of Insight" is not satisfied, because "Commander's Strike" does not contain a Hit line.

Thank you in advance to all who take the time to look at this issue.
CS does not hit, Flash of Insight therefore does not trigger.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

3. The trigger for "Flash of Insight" is not satisfied, because "Commander's Strike" does not contain a Hit line.

This.  Commander's Strike used to have one but it was turned into an Effect line in a rule update.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter