A Good Trade?

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I traded a Goblin Rally , a foil Primordial Hydra, Sigarda, Host of Herons, Sphinx's Revelation and a Rogue's Passage for a Sneak Attack and Utvara Hellkite. So was it worth it?
Thanx in advance!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

As long as you're happy with the trade, sure.

Now just get yourself a few more of the Sneak Attack // Utvara Hellkite, and a playset each of Renegade Doppelganger // Phantasmal Image // Bogardan Hellkite. You'll be on the fast-track to one epic deck.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

So I traded a Goblin Rally , a foil Primordial Hydra, Sigarda, Host of Herons, Sphinx's Revelation and a Rogue's Passage for a Sneak Attack and Utvara Hellkite. So was it worth it? Thanx in advance!

Goblin Rally, Rogue's passage and Utvara Hellkite are worth nothing. The foil Hydra might get you $4-5 depending if someone loves foils.

I have no idea how much sneak attack is worth.

Sphinx's revelation is the most valuable card in RTR worth over $20 EASILY, Sigarda can fetch $12 if not a little more.

Unless that Sneak Attack is really valuable I think you got hosed.  =  (

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Value's about the same. If you got cards that you wanted then you got a good deal.
Sneak Attack can be worth over $40.  Its a Legacy staple and likely to rise in price over time.  All of those Standard cards will be under $5 within a year or two (and most of them already are).

If you are asking to evaluate the trade just on $$$ value, you got quite a good deal there.

Anytime you trade over inflated standard cards for a legacy staple if their values are relatively close you got a good deal. Like Taldier said sneak attack price will likely stay the same or go up while the other cards will drop drasticly once they rotate out of standard. Unless they shake things up and become staples in modern/legacy which does happen.
Ok thanx for the tips. I thought I had made a bad trade after finding out the costs of Sphinx's Revelation and Sigarda

Cheers!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Both will lose value, they are bad cards outside of standard.
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
Both will lose value, they are bad cards outside of standard.

They see some EDH play. Revelation is common in Felidar Sovereign builds, and Sigarda is always a nice answer to the Eldrazi that everyone uses because when you've been playing for several hours, any wincon is a good one, even one on your opponent's side of the table.

But in other formats, not so much. If you're already playing white/blue, Revelation's better than Blue Sun's Zenith, but still...And Sigarda's a 5/5 flyer for five mana that can't be Doom Bladed if nothing else.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
... I didnt mean bad cards as in they will never be played, I meant that they will never be played outside of casual.
A card being good in EDH is an irrelevant measure of a card. We're talking about real constructed formats. 
But in other formats, not so much. If you're already playing white/blue, Revelation's better than Blue Sun's Zenith, but still...And Sigarda's a 5/5 flyer for five mana that can't be Doom Bladed if nothing else.

BSZ is a kill condition card so no, it's not better than Sphinx's Revelation. It's just a different card. 
A card being good in EDH is an irrelevant measure of a card. We're talking about real constructed formats. 

Tell that to the price of Doubling Season

Tell that to the price of Doubling Season

Yeah, and every EDH fan wants them to reprint that piece of garbage so badly. It's hilarious. 
... I didnt mean bad cards as in they will never be played, I meant that they will never be played outside of casual.

If you played Sneak Attack against most people I know in Vintage or LEgacy you would get rolled up. It's not good at all. Revelation and Sig can at least be used to great effect NOW and Revelation will be fine in modern. You could trade them for cards that are actually GOOD like shock lands.

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge

If you played Sneak Attack against most people I know in Vintage or LEgacy you would get rolled up. It's not good at all. Revelation and Sig can at least be used to great effect NOW and Revelation will be fine in modern. You could trade them for cards that are actually GOOD like shock lands.

Sneak and Show is a very powerful Legacy deck. 

Yeah but if something is JUST on the verge of being playable in eternal formats, it will often find a place in most EDH decks of the colors of the cards and will be played a lot, thus making the price go higher, I dont think either of sphinx or sigarda are there, so once they are out of standard, the price will not go up again, at best it will stay there.

On the other hand, as long as they keep bringing meaner and meaner creatures, show and tell and sneak attack will keep their value (that's the minimum, they will probably continue to increase)

As opposed to real...limited formats?

You should've said supported formats and I'd take you more seriously. ;)

And yeah, USZ's a kill card...if you have infinite mana. There are easier ways to mill someone for 53 and you know it.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

As opposed to real...limited formats?

You should've said supported formats and I'd take you more seriously. ;)

And yeah, USZ's a kill card...if you have infinite mana. There are easier ways to mill someone for 53 and you know it.

Easier? Sure. As good? Generally not.

I'd rather run a combo that gives me said mana and then stroke someone out than experience the wonderfull world of dying with an opponent half milled and/or handing any deck that uses it's graveyard as a resource ever a free win.

If you're playing combo then the combo is all that matters. Stroking for the win is just an afterthought. BSZ has the additional advantage of being burnable for some moderate card draw every time you can resolve it prior to your combo going live.

Milling sucks. Wincons at the end of a combo that feature an immediate state-based kill before someone has access to any new resources and priority don't.

Sneak is great because a) it'll keep value, b) it's an awesome card and c) SYNTHESIS! it's a totally awesome casual card that, because it's a legacy playable thing, is not entirely feasible to put into casual decks unless you get some sort of awesome sweetheart trade from some punter who wants standard staples and has legacy playables to trade for them. 
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Zenith is a pretty good wincon in hightide I hear. 

Emrakul with haste for 3RR?  Gets around a lot of the hate used against Show and Tell?  Why would you think this is bad?

The deck its used in is an established and effective Legacy archtype.

Emrakul with haste for 3RR?  Gets around a lot of the hate used against Show and Tell?  Why would you think this is bad?

Sneak attack Emmy and fling her. I think I see a deck.
139359831 wrote:

Sneak attack Emmy and fling her. I think I see a deck.

Le sigh
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Sign In to post comments