Champion of the Parish Character Backstory

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have him planned as a paladin, but now I have no idea where to go for a backstory for him. The best i got is his hometown was overrun by the undead, and he managed to escape with his life. Because of this, he has an innate fear of being in the dark and left alone for extended periods of time. I think the biggest goal for himself is finding a way to overcome his fear, any ideas on how he can?
He could be desperate for love and have a surprisingly large number of sunrods on his person at all times. He could also make a point of fighting all undead he encounters.
I have him planned as a paladin, but now I have no idea where to go for a backstory for him. The best i got is his hometown was overrun by the undead, and he managed to escape with his life. Because of this, he has an innate fear of being in the dark and left alone for extended periods of time. I think the biggest goal for himself is finding a way to overcome his fear, any ideas on how he can?

He was saved by a man using a radiant sword (holy avenger) and a shield of light (sun shield).  He decides to hide his fears amongst others and joins an adventuring company hoping to find the man that save him, the magical items he used, or how those items were made.  Perhaps he doesn't let his party members know the real reason he never beds without a campfire going, and why he always hits on the female cleric, or why he never thinks letting the scout go on up ahead alone is a good idea.
Sign In to post comments