Bioshock-Big Daddy Character

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it possible to make a Big Daddy character with a Little Girl sidekick? I was thinking of RP'ing the Little Girl, and the Big Daddy is a NPC body that follows her around and acts as a guardian, thoughts?
The possibility of what you envision is obviously very dependent on the details of your ideas.
First of all, what would the little girl be capable off? When it comes to encounters, do you want her to function like a regular adventurer?
And is the Big Daddy really supposed to be an NPC, as in, you will ask your DM to control him?
I would suggest you take a different approach: Roleplay the Big Daddy as your adventurer and also roleplay the little girl, but limit what she can do to a couple of skills, depending on how far your DM is willing to go, if he or she agrees to do this at all.
Now, is your idea of a Big Daddy character just a charakter who is heavily comitted to protection a certain little girl? Then you should just pick any defender class and you should be fine. If you want to include stuff like a giant drill, try Warforged.

Perhaps you could give us a little more information to work with?
Whichever one I choose, the other will just be around for flavor. I probably will end up picking the Big Daddy to roleplay as either a beserker or a fighter, and the little girl would be his vampiric daughter. Now, because of her size and stature, she cannot assist in any manner. The only thing she knows to do is extract blood from the dead. She needs to feed due to the experiments her and her father (The character I will be playing) went through. She is only around to be an emotional connection for my character, and something for the DM to work with as a plot device. The only quirks are if she is approached by anyone, she clings to him, and if she will climb into a sort of compartment in his shoulder should he have to start fighting. The Warforged Big Daddy is what I will be playing, the little girl is part of his backstory.

Decide what role you want to play in combat, then pick any class from that role that has a familiar, animal companion or spirit companion, etc. or take the Fey Beast-tamer theme. All depending on what sort of mechanical abilities you want to add to the overall gestalt character beyond the basic class and race abilities.

Reflavor the mechanics any way you want, and not necessarily by permanently choosing one of the two to be the "character"...

If you want to go the classic Master Blaster route (big brute being ridden by little brain), just pick any defender class, multiclass into an arcane class, and then take the Arcane Familiar feat to pick up a familiar. Refluff the difference between active and passive mode as whether or not the girl is inside the suit.

Never played the game - does the suit have a ranged attack or just melee?
 Go human (for 3rd at-will) and hybrid warlock|paladin... Very effective high-damage defender using Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Strike, and there's a way to use one of the paladin at-wills (forget which one, but it's a realy good one) as a basic attack by taking a feat. Check the Character Optimization forum for advice on how to build it.
 Since you're an arcane class you can take the Familiar feat. Fluff the girl as your pact patron if you want.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Whichever one I choose, the other will just be around for flavor. I probably will end up picking the Big Daddy to roleplay as either a beserker or a fighter, and the little girl would be his vampiric daughter. Now, because of her size and stature, she cannot assist in any manner. The only thing she knows to do is extract blood from the dead. She needs to feed due to the experiments her and her father (The character I will be playing) went through. She is only around to be an emotional connection for my character, and something for the DM to work with as a plot device. The only quirks are if she is approached by anyone, she clings to him, and if she will climb into a sort of compartment in his shoulder should he have to start fighting. The Warforged Big Daddy is what I will be playing, the little girl is part of his backstory.
The Big Daddies from Bioshock 2 typically mixed it up between using a ranged weapon and charging in and smashing face. Whatever they tackled was slowed and their vision blurred, and allowed them to hit for more damage. As a beserker, his ranged would be throwing rocks,chairs, any inanimate object within reach. Was planning on him using a spear that looks like a drill that attaches to his arm.  
Sign In to post comments