Can I blog about playing DnD next?

I usually keep a running blog about my campaigns, and want to do it with the one I am running now.  Is it against the NDA to blog about it?
No. People blog about the playtest right on this site with no troubles
I don't see why they'd give you trouble for it considering you're giving them free advertising. And it's not like anyone can't just download the rules for free...
The OPTA you agreed to is here, and it seems generally okay with the idea provided that you're not reproducing chunks of the playtest material on your site. The OPTA specifically says that you're free to publicly discuss the playtest, and people have been doing it all over the place with, AFAIK, no issues.
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
Thank you very much Lesp and everyone who posted.

so we all can talk about the playtest? is there any restriction? rule discussions?

ok you are not allowed to share the playtest rules, thats fine. but can i talk about the rules?

Seuleslintan wrote:

so we all can talk about the playtest? is there any restriction? rule discussions?

ok you are not allowed to share the playtest rules, thats fine. but can i talk about the rules?

The rules have been released with products and some excerpts from the final ruleset have been made public. I absolutely think that you can discuss them freely now. You may also wait until 3 july when the starter set can be bought in some stores and the basic rules set is released for free. Most probably not needed, but if you are paranoid it should be even safer.

Practically, no problem.

Legally, you could be on shaky ground.  Copyright can be quite extensive these days, and claims of violation are even more so.

Practical seems to be the more important point.  WOTC is unlikely to even learn of your blog, and is even less likely to do anything about it.  And even if they do get all bent out of shape, they probably can't do much.  You are likely in more danger walking down the street.  But if you are really paranoid, this might be something else to worry about, say about #1356479 on your list.

Sign In to post comments