Mana Mastery and Rogues Gallery deck previews - Top 10 cards from new DLC decks by WiNGSPANTT

60 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone, I know you're looking forward to the next deck pack, even if some of its elements have been previously spoiled. When this video goes live (at midnight 12/28) you'll get your first look at some of the coolest cards in each deck. 

Full decks lists will be posted on www.toptiertactics.com later in the day on 12/28, and I'm going to have card-by-card deck strategy guides published early next week so you can start prepping for domination. Enjoy!

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Cannot....Wait...For...Mana....Mastery...

Thanks for the preview Wing.

The video isn't loading though :/

Edit again...Its working.

I really can't wait for the Mana mastery deck list. I honestly need it to have a lot of searchers, because
without them, its gonna be a luck based deck... 
Midnight East time? That's only half an hour to wait by the time I'm writing this...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Just saw the video. Still deciding if I'm going to call MM "Alara: Best of" or "Mythic_Rare.deck"...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

WingspanTT, you're incredibly entertaining. Thanks for the video!

Also, Broodmate Dragon will be absolutely insane with a kicked Rite of Replication.
Mana Mastery is the new Ancient Depths. Expect to see it on most of your 2HG games, this plus CW could be the new elite combo imo.
I dunno, Maelstrom Nexus strikes me as poor. "Play Progenitus, flip over...Day of Judgment. Oops."

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

I hope Mana Mastery has enough manafixing/ramp. 4 Cultivate (hopefully) will be nice, but some Rampant growth on top of that would be more than welcome.
I dunno, Maelstrom Nexus strikes me as poor. "Play Progenitus, flip over...Day of Judgment. Oops."

What ? That's a nice card to flip with cascade - remember, DoJ will resolve first in this example, clear the board and leave just your Progenitus staring across the table.

Depending on the boardstate beforehand ofc - but if you were winning already, you wouldn't play a 10mana card anyways. Or you shouldn't.

And lastly - you can just choose NOT to cast the DoJ. It is optional if you want to cast the "cascaded" card.
Thank you Top-Teir Tactics for the Entertaining trailer.
HOT DAMN. gettin excited
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
so deck pack 3 next week? cool
Ahhhhh, finally two decks I most definitely will enjoy (I love cardraw/discard and sweeper into fatties) and it will come out when I'm off to a trade fair for two weeks.... So cruel!!

I'm so looking forward to play Mana Mastery! Only thing which worries me a bit: The creatures might be too good. See, Ancient Depths had all those amazing bombs but whenever you got one to stick, the game was over. Those amazing creatures didn't see much play. Dark Heaven's bombs were a lot more fun because you actually got to use your cool creatures for a couple of turns. I have the feeling Mana Mastery might turn out to be a bit boring because your opponent will leave as soon as you get something fancy stick to the board (or you will just lose without having played anything at all ^^).
Well in theory you could play, say, Maelstrom Archangel on turn 4, followed by emptying your entire hand. Muahaha..

And btw, I thought Cascade was optional.  

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Well in theory you could play, say, Maelstrom Archangel on turn 4, followed by emptying your entire hand. Muahaha..

If my memory serves, duels does not give you the option to select "no" when a card with cascade enters the battlefield.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

If my memory serves, duels does not give you the option to select "no" when a card with cascade enters the battlefield.

That's what I recall but I never touched Trinity after I stopped unlocking it. Might go play a couple of Grinning Malice games.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Wingspantt, I love your preview videos. You get so fired up that I cant help getting fired up! lol. Can't wait for the dlc and I hope mana mastery has more ramp than just cultivate?! Oh, as far as cascade goes it does prompt you in DOTP2013. I play GM all the time.
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.
Cheers wingspan, they were some awesome picks on MM. I liked how you included cultivate as it's the most important card in a multicoloured deck.

It's a shame MM won't have 40 cards, i would of really liked the opportunity to create a massively varied build from others online. 
How I anticipate my games going. Sweep, Sweep, Sweep, Drop big fatty, Scoop, rinse, repeat
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
So there's no official statement about a release date yet?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
So there's no official statement about a release date yet?

Here are the release dates:

• 1/8/13 - PSN (US)

• 1/9/13 - Steam, Xbox, & PSN (Europe)

• 1/10/13 - iPad

from Mr Wizards_Sean himself

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
and the thread that Sean started with the announcement:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Well I was accurate with my deduction on the PSN release date.

Also, it will be interesting to see how many run Progenitus with Bribery in the game.
Also still hoping Maelstrom Wanderer is in the deck.

Guess we'll find out.
How I anticipate my games going. Sweep, Sweep, Sweep, Drop big fatty, Scoop, rinse, repeat

I hope thats how most of my games against GG go. lol

Mana Mastery has so many awesome Alara cards Surprised

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

I wonder if Mana Mastery has the ability to be run as a 3-color deck?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I am wondering how they will handle the mana distribution; if all the ramp/fetch cards are green, then will the game prioritze forests as the 'main' lands and then sprinkle the other colors based on what else you're running. I hope this is the case...
Yes there are more forests than other lands. Also there are nine sweepers not including other removal.

Awesome video, WiNGSPANTT, and hilarious as usual :D

I'm looking forward to reading the article later today!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Hurry up and post the deck list already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes there are more forests than other lands. Also there are nine sweepers not including other removal.

So basically, ramp, clear the board, drop a fatty of game-changing significance? Seem like BoF is going to see a lot more play if MM starts dominating the meta.

excellent.. me gusta sweepers
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Bof is quite possibly the worst deck against MM. It's own sweepers will be worthless and even its turn 4 plays are too big to burn. MM has nasty enchantments and several lifegain or damage redirect effects that will hamper burn to the face.

Bof is quite possibly the worst deck against MM. It's own sweepers will be worthless and even its turn 4 plays are too big to burn. MM has nasty enchantments and several lifegain or damage redirect effects that will hamper burn to the face.

When will the deck lists be ready?

If that turely is the case....  then i think im gonna stop supporting this game in the future. 

Its bad enough the burn deck doesnt have 1 single way to gain life, yet its own spells hurt its own life.

tired of these idiots who cant make a balanced game thru ALL decks.  Cant even be bothered to make ALL decks even in the amount of cards each deck has.  Cant fix the same bugs we been seeing since the first game and so on.

If you not going to put the time into making a game, DONT F... MAKE ONE...
I can already see Empyrial Archangel creating some headaches. 
If that turely is the case....  then i think im gonna stop supporting this game in the future.  Its bad enough the burn deck doesnt have 1 single way to gain life, yet its own spells hurt its own life.

tired of these idiots who cant make a balanced game thru ALL decks.  If you not going to put the time into making a game, DONT F... MAKE ONE...

Why in the world would you expect a mono-red deck to have life gain? And how does a mono-red deck not having life gain make the game horribly unbalanced? BoF is fair, balanced, and a pretty good deck.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

If that turely is the case....  then i think im gonna stop supporting this game in the future.

tired of these idiots who cant make a balanced game thru ALL decks.  If you not going to put the time into making a game, DONT F... MAKE ONE...

I would love to play the Magic the gathering game you created for the xbox. where all the decks are nice and equal, and monotonous, and boring. Let me know when you make it! until then i'll keep enjoying the DOTP franchise.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
If that turely is the case....  then i think im gonna stop supporting this game in the future.  Its bad enough the burn deck doesnt have 1 single way to gain life, yet its own spells hurt its own life.

Why in the world would you expect a mono-red deck to have life gain? And how does a mono-red deck not having life gain make the game horribly unbalanced? BoF is fair, balanced, and a pretty good deck.

Indeed, when I ran a mono-red burn deck back when I played Magic, the only life-gain I had was a pair of Drago's Claws in my sideboard, specifically for going up against other mono-red decks. Other than that, lifegain is a waste of time for mono-red.

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

I never said it was a bad deck, and if you aint play the first game, ALL decks had a way to gain life.  AND why shouldnt the burn deck have at least ONE way to gain some type of life, when theres a lot of cards in its own deck that damage ITSELF taking its OWN LIFE.

Yeah makes a lot of sense.  Have a burn deck burn yourself, while other decks can gain life but you cant.  Smart... real smart...

And this is coming from someone who plays the burn deck a lot.  Just sucks when your own creatures/spells are hurting yourself trying to hurt others, yet they can gain life in some type of way and you have NOT ONE way to gain yourself.

Indeed, when I ran a mono-red burn deck back when I played Magic, the only life-gain I had was a pair of Drago's Claws in my sideboard, specifically for going up against other mono-red decks. Other than that, lifegain is a waste of time for mono-red.

Not everyone ONLY plays 1v1.  There are ppl like me who prefer to ONLY play 4FFA, 3FFA