Inconsistencies (Paladins and Mithral Chain)

The Holy Avenger is only usable by Paladins.  I guess there might be a paladin class in the future but in the meantime seems odd to have this restriction.  Do martial clerics fit the bill?

Mithral Scale and Mithral Chain must be the same.  The equipment guide lists it as Mithral Scale but elven chain is listed as Mithral Chain in the Magic Item list.

Still not liking the Armor list.  Padded armor, Splint, and Plate will never exist because their similar cost and greater disadvantages are prohibitive versus Leather, Banded, and Mithral Plate.

Still not liking the Armor list.  Padded armor, Splint, and Plate will never exist because their similar cost and greater disadvantages are prohibitive versus Leather, Banded, and Mithral Plate.

well in some cases it may be harder to acquire leather and mithral...
The holy avenger was just included to show what epic-level items would look like, not for testing. It is easy enough to include paladins as a cleric with the protector domain if you really want to though. 

As for armor, I would not say their costs are that close. 500 gold versus 750 is a significant increase, and an extra 1000 gold for mithril plate is nothing to sneeze at. I could see many characters, and not just dwarves, choosing to buy the cheeper version instead of waiting a few more adventurers till they can afford the better one.
Does your DM just give away Mithral items?
Sign In to post comments