Another Red/Black Vamp Deck

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

So I attempted to make another red/black deck with vampires and it seems a bit messy and I'm wanting to clean it up. Here's what I have..

10x Swamp
10x Mountain
4x Dragonskull Summit

24 Lands

1x Liliana of the Dark Realms
1x Sorin Markov

2 Planeswalkers

2x Rakish Heir
4x Stromkirk Noble
2x Falkenrath Marauders
4x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Malakir Bloodwitch
2x Bloodline Keeper
4x Vampire Nocturnus
4x Markov Blademaster
1x Olivia Voldaren

25 Creatures

2x Curse of the Pierced Heart
2x Curse of Bloodletting

4 Enchantments

1x Diabolic Edict
4x Darkness
4x Murder
1x Diabolic Tutor
2x Sign in Blood
1x Beseech the Queen
2x Wild Guess
2x Dreadbore
4x Smallpox

21 Sorcery

2x Ring of Valkas
2x Explorer's Scope
2x Blade of the Bloodchief
2x Inquisitor's Flail

8 Artifacts

I'm not really attached to vampires but I do like being able to attach counters to them and that most have flying and lifelink. I'm also looking for haste and like I said, I can break away from vampires.. Main thing is being able to generate enough mana and have it stick to flying/Lifelink/haste. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

I think you have a pretty good pool to make a good vampire deck i didnt count the cards but i think you can run a deck similar to the one i posted

I suggested some cards you may be dont own but they are cheap and pretty strong Stromkirk Captain who doesnt want first strike and +1+1 to all his creatures also gatekeeper of malakir is a staple in vampire decks

I cut Nocturnus because you run much red cards .

I'd cut the mono red cards before I gave up Nocturnus. There's just too many good black and cards to justify it. Stromkirk Noble just isn't that great in vampires outside of Standard format. I'll take Vampire Lacerator any day over the Noble. Sideboard it for heavy human decks. I know it's hard to give up those extra +1/+1 counters, but with all the other P/T buffs availible, like the lords, it's overkill.
I'd cut the mono red cards before I gave up Nocturnus. There's just too many good black and cards to justify it.

I have to agree with that.

Also, I would take Feast of Blood over Murder in this deck.
Was thinking about adding Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood to the deck along with Blood Artist although oddly it seems the more I tweak, the less I like the vampires. Haha. Thanks guys.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
Keep in mind that doing the BloodBond combo significantly changes how this deck acts, works, as is dealt with by your opponents. You go from being a pretty efficient aggro deck to a midgame combo deck. Lots of ppl have tried melding the two, and it just never happens. I've tried quite extensively myself, for what's worth..., but if you're willing to accept those changes, then we can tweak...

Another thing to keep in mind. This combo is just plain no fun for everyone. It even gets boring playing it. I was politely asked to not play it in my tues/sat playgroup of 10 or more years. That is to say, we've been playing that long, not a bunch of 10 yr olds Tongue Out However, once every 3 or 4 weeks, the host will declare tha next week is "anything goes". In which all our house rules and please-don't-play-that requests go right out the window.