Rampant Fury feat question

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Prerequisite: Berserker’s Fury feat
Benefit: You gain the barbarian class feature Rampage.

Rampage gives you a free melee basic attack when you crit. But when you take this feat, the character builder says you can only use it on barbarian powers... but it's a multiclass feat, you don't have any powers...

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

RAMPAGE
Once per round, when you score a critical hit with a barbarian attack power, you can immediately make a melee basic attack as a free action. You do not have to attack the same target that you scored a critical hit against.

Not a bug, it's just useless.  You're not missing anything, sadly.

It is possible that this is a compendium error, but it'll have to wait until I can check in the book to verify.  Pretty sure the compendium version is accurate, however.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
No its not a bug the PHBII feature reads as follow:

PHBII 49 Rampage:Once per round, when you score a critical hit with a barbarian attack power, you can immediately make a melee basic attack as a free action. You do not have to attack the same target that you scored a critical hit against.

Plague, did you verify that with a book, or just Compendium?
The book.

I also veryfied and there is no Rule Update for Rampage Fury. 
Well crud.

Seriously, what were these writers thinking?  Did they do even basic testing on them?
But why would anyone ever take this multi-class feat? So you have a small chance to use rampage with your multi-class powers... ? Weird.

Thanx for your help.
A little less useless if you're a Half-Elf with a Dilettante Barbarian Attack :P
You know, I think I know what it is.

Back in the PHB2 era, the devs had this notion that people a) took power swap feats and b) did PMC.  Most of the feats that give a class feature on this scale actually require PMC.  This one would make more sense if it did, but it'd still be just as useless, because PMC sucks.
You know, I think I know what it is.

Back in the PHB2 era, the devs had this notion that people a) took power swap feats and b) did PMC.  Most of the feats that give a class feature on this scale actually require PMC.  This one would make more sense if it did, but it'd still be just as useless, because PMC sucks.

In fairness, back in the PHB2 era, people did take Powerswap feats. There were so few good feats and normally you had at least one weak encounter you wanted to ditch.
How about a (dead) half-elf avenger, who has strength and uses twin-strike? Swapping an avenger encounter power for Storm Blades wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. At that point you have a triple attack that you are rolling twice on. As long as you are not an ardent champion, that feat may find space at some point.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
If you're a critfishing str Avenger, you most likely have another source of your free action attack for the turn.

Still a waste of a feat.
Sign In to post comments