Doc Brown's Crazy Contraption

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Almost completely stolen from miss_bun's superjanky Legacy list.

4 Memnite
4 Ornithopter
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Signal Pest
4 Myr Servitor
3 Erayo, Soratami Ascendant

4 Cranial Plating

4 Thoughtcast
3 Artificer's Intuition
2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
1 Thirst for Knowledge

3 Time Sieve
2 Genesis Chamber

4 Mox Opal
4 Glimmervoid
4 Darksteel Citadel
3 Blinkmoth Nexus
1 City of Brass
1 Swamp
1 Island

Sideboard
4 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Grafdigger's Cage
3 Aether Vial
1 Chalice of the Void
2 Pithing Needle
1 Executioner's Capsule
1 Elixir of Immortality

Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.

The sideboard is flat out terrible.  Cage stops exactly none of the graveyard decks in the format, you don't card about counterspells on your creatures enough for Vial to be good, Chalice wrecks you too and Elixir is completely pointless as there is no mill and you're the beatdown.  Also, there isn't enough Storm in most metagames to make Canonist viable as a 4-of.

As for the main deck, I think there's several problems.

First, while it may appear to be the case, slamming Erayo into an Affinity deck doesn't work.  Affinity wants to put it's hand on the table on turn 1, then smash with a Cranial Plating on turn 2/3.  Erayo wants you to hold your hand until you can play it, then put your hand on the table.  It's a contradiction because the aggro aspect will be lost by the time you get to play Erayo.

Second, 18 mana sources is simply not enough.  You've got 3 and 4 drops in the list that you will never be able to cast.  This is especially true since 4 of them are legendary, 7 are very suspectible to being killed and 4 depend on sticking permanents.

Third, Time Sieve is terrible when you can't recur 5 artifacts or need to constantly play creatures.  The only recursion you have is Myr Servitor, which is very easily disrupted before you start taking infinite turns.  The combo is just too fragile.

If you want to play Affinity, play Affinity.  If you want to play Time Sieve, play a dedicated Sieve deck (my LGS owner plays one, but I don't have the list).

What makes you think cage is graveyard hate?

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Me?  The lack of other graveyard hate.  If there were 2x Relic of Progenitus or such in the board, I'd consider it Pod hate.  However, there isn't and there's already Pithing Needles for Pod.
Sign In to post comments