Questions about Martial Damage Dice

I am discovering the alpha DDNext rules with this last release (121712) but I need to clarify a few points.

How I can regain the martial damage dice ? I suppose the answer is "after a long rest" but I found nothing about it in the "long rest" rule in "how to play". Maybe I didn't understand something about "martial damage dice" rule.

Second question, wouldn't it be preferable to have a reference to a core rule chapter rather than to duplicate "martial damage dice" rule in classes presentation ? (same thing for "spell casting")

Thanks in advance for your answers

Smile

How I can regain the martial damage dice ? I suppose the answer is "after a long rest" but I found nothing about it in the "long rest" rule in "how to play". Maybe I didn't understand something about "martial damage dice" rule.

According the packet, it's "every turn" - on your turn you get these dice, on the orc's turn you get the dice, on the wizard's turn you get the dice (in case he tries something sneaky).  They have clarified elsewhere (not in the packet) that they refresh automatically at the end of your turn - so if you don't spend them before your next turn, you get to use all remaining dice at that time.

The metagame is not the game.
The honest answer is we don't know.

We have heard different answers from different designers. We've heard every turn (monsters and yours), we have heard at the end of your turn, and even at the begenning of your turn from another.

Trying to predict the right answer is pure guesswork at this point. Just pick whichever one you think works best.