Ruling please and explanation

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
If you are a fighter 6 ninja 3 and swashbuckler 3 with the Martial stalker daring outlaw and daring warrior feats you should get the dodge bonuses from the ninja and the buckler twice correct because they are coming from different b ut the sample place but dodge bonuses stack with eath other correct ?
You get each one once. Your fighter & ninja levels get added to your swashbuckler levels to determine the benefits from the Grace class feature (for a total of 12). Your ninja & swashbuckler levels are added to your fighter levels to determine what feats you can qualify for (example, Greater Weapon Specialization requires fighter level 12). Your fighter levels stack with your ninja levels to determine you ki pool and AC bonus. Your swashbuckler stacks WITH NOTHING to determine your sneak attack dice (though they'll still qualify you for +2d6 SA dice by themselves).
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
I take that that is because the ninja gets sudden strike and not sneak attack
Correct. Sudden Strike dice allow you to qualify for feats that require SA dice, but since ninja levels aren't rogue levels, they don't stack with swashbuckler levels to determine the number of SA dice you get. The character in your example would have the equivalent of 12 fighter levels (fighter +ninja + swashbuckler levels) to determine feat eligibility; the ki pool & AC bonus of a 9th level ninja (ninja + fighter levels); the Grace class feature of a 9th level swashbuckler (swashbuckler + fighter levels); the Sudden Strike dice of a 3rd level ninja (your ninja levels don't stack with anything for this); and the sneak attack dice of a 3rd level rogue (rogue + swashbuckler levels).
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Ok so the sneak atck is coming from te combination of the swashbuckler and the ninja but with daring outlaw but turns it into sneak attack and not continuing the sudden strike damage or having levels in rogue. That is very interesting never seen it that way. I think I may have to re-think this a little then. Any ideas you couls give me or dose the build seem sound? 

Give you the back ground we need a thief type but we need a heavy hitting front line tank with a AC that will allow him to not take many hits. We have a druid in the party that casts spells and runs away a scout ranger a bard sometimes and a half dwarf/ half minotaur fighter who loves to use the wound of wounder please do not ask I have no answer for that last one.


Im playing a paladin right now who has mettle and evasion in heavy armor thanks to the divine oricle PRC and the pious templar he can hit like a ton of bricks and do lots of damage however he gets his way to much with a pathedic AC even in the mitheral full plate I gave him. SO since we need a rogue type was looking for the more mobile quick strike high dex no armor quick strike build to help out the group.


With the build I would have Base 10 Dex +6 Racial makes this 20 (+2 gloves of dex|)  Wis +5 ( wis 18 with a +2 perip) AC+5 (bracers of arm) Def+2 (Ring of Pro) ACbonus +2 ( one from ninja as 1 from monk belt )  This gives him a 30 AC whick is much much better then the palli AC of 23 since him weapon ins used two handed handed. The only thing the palli has goig for him is that his armor is heavy fort so that is the situation we are in and that Im trying to clean up    
Um, Draco... where do you get this idea that other levels stack with fighter for fighter feats such as greater weapon specialization? I've never seen any such ruling, except for the Eldritch Knight write-up in Paizo/Pathfinder.
Um, Draco... where do you get this idea that other levels stack with fighter for fighter feats such as greater weapon specialization? I've never seen any such ruling, except for the Eldritch Knight write-up in Paizo/Pathfinder.



The feats that the op listed are special gish feats that mix class levels for qualifications, times per day, ect, for the various classes they where designed. They aren't half bad if used properly and to be honest I never thought of using daring outlaw like that. It's an interesting concept, particularly if your DM lets you use the kung-fu genius feat with ninja to use your int instead of wis to ac. It could realy make the build rather nasty. YOu can find most of the feats in complete adventurer, a few are in complete scoundrel, and here may be a few more sprinkled in other books that I cant recall.
Ah, thanx Lash.  It never occured to me that splatbook feats that changed the basic rules were in play, there. As I read the answers, my mind had "already blanked out" the feats that the OP listed, since they "don't exist" in our game.
Honestly, your best bet is a high BAB reach tank, preferably with Improved Trip and/or Stand Still. If your enemies can't get to you, they can't hurt you. If your enemies can't get to your allies, they can't hurt your battle buddies, either. There are several ways to do that.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Draco, my understanding is that Sudden Strike is the same as Sneak Attack, so they should in fact stack, they are just fluff names for the same thing, Precision Damage
They would, except for the phrasing of Daring Outlaw. It allows "rogue and swashbuckler levels" to stack for the purposes of determining sneak attack and the swashbuckler's Grace bonus. Since ninja levels are not rogue levels, they don't stack. That means he'll have +2d6 Sudden Strike damage and +2d6 sneak attack damage.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Yes, but if I am not correct the Rogue and Ninja level stacks for the Rogue's Sneak attack, so wouldn't that in turn stack?

At any rate you would also do whatever sneak attack you had from other classes at the same time, my understanding is that it will always stack. 
I'm going from memory as David has (our) copy of CA with him instead of in my closet. But I think the difference is that the ninja one is half-power of the rogue sneak attack, in that you can't get it by flanking. So it would work, that sneak attack always gets applied/added to ninja strike, but ninja strike can not always be applied/added to sneak attack.
maybe not for the flanking bonus, but the damage will always stack, i don't have the books on hand either mind you.
Like Neue said, the conditions are different for Sudden Strike, sneak attack, and skirmish. So, while it's possible that different kinds of precision damage can be used simultaneously, that's not always the case. That's why they're tracked separately.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
@Neue: the feats mentioned in the OP are all in Complete Scoundrel. Most, if not all, of the feats in Complete Adventurer are designed to allow monks or paladins to multiclass. They're both better and worse than Knightly Training and Monastic Training in the Eberron Campaign Setting. They're better because they allow different class levels to stack for certain abilities. They're worse because they're more limited; the Training feats allow you to pick any one class that you can enter then go back into Paladin or Monk.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Okay, thanx Draco.  I've glanced through and used things from the books for NPCs often enough, but never read them comprehensively. The other books, I mean.
Scoundrel, specifically, I don't think I've ever seen.
Yes, but if I am not correct the Rogue and Ninja level stacks for the Rogue's Sneak attack, so wouldn't that in turn stack?

At any rate you would also do whatever sneak attack you had from other classes at the same time, my understanding is that it will always stack. 

They do NOT "stack" to determine a Rogue/s Sneak Attack.  If they did you may actually see ninja getting used if a Rogue3/Ninja8 had both the SA of a Rogue 11 AND the Sudden Strike of a Ninja 8 which is what you'd see if Ninja levels counted as Rogue levels.

Many things may look at them the same way but that does not make them the same.
 
Ok right from the books as Iam reading it right now word for word " The extra damage from sudden strike ability stacks with the extra damage from sneak attack whenever (both) would apply to the same target so that is the key word right there both so that solves if they do not stack instead you gain the +2D6 sudden strike and the +2D6 sneak attack if you use ninja to qualify you for daring outlaw then you bring up your ninja levels to make both your sudden strike and sneak attack level better I think I can see a nasty buil in the future using skill tricks to make your opponent flat-footed most of the time to gain both sneak attack and sudden strike damage this could get very ugly very quick hehehe makes me giggle just thinking of it
Um... Unless you're saying the same thing Neue & I did a few posts back, you're wrong. What that passage means is that, if you are making an attack that triggers both sudden strike and sneak attack, you don't have to choose between them; they'll both apply.
What I think you're implying is that your three levels of ninja will stack with your three levels of swashbuckler to give you both 6 levels of sudden strike dice and 6 levels of sneak attack dice (+3d6 each). That is absolutely incorrect.
Here's an example of how it works, substituting skirmish for sudden strike because I remember how that works. I'm afb so we'll assume that skirmish dice increase at the same level as sneak attack:
You have a scout 3/rogue 3. If you catch an opponent flat-footed or flanked, you deal +2d6 from sneak attack. If you move at least 10' in a round, you get +2d6 from skirmish. If you move at least 10' in order to be flanking an opponent, you're getting +2d6 from sneak attack AND +2d6 from skirmish.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Oh, yeah: you don't need skill tricks, just the Sapphire Nightmare Blade (Diamond Mind level 1) maneuver from Tome of Battle.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Yeah but my DM is a bit of a tight ass when it comes to books and because not everyone is able to have them hard cover or PDF because some of them do not have computers I know fall over now if you wish to TOB and some of them good books are out I have a bunch of eberron books and my DM thinks that shifters are OP my question to him is if shifters are OP then what the hell are drow and you allow them. He is just stuck in forgotten realms and will not expand his mind some times I think he dose it just to drive me nuts so with the books he gives us I try to make char that drive him nuts and I can do a OK job. My Paladin now has better armor and is a but more defensive now so I will be keeping him but now I have a level to add and was thinking compentive from complete divine to pick up the stregth domain as my deity is helm and since he dose not have the complete champions PDF I had to drop battle blessed and take exotic weapon prof bastard sword now I can use a shield yeah defence. But today I did 203 points of damage to a dragon with rightous fury charge and striking a critical so we picked a card and it doubled the double damage as my DM goes that way since they are cards for criticals and not the damage multiplier. so what you think 1 contemptive or something else ?
And on the eberron front he thinks that tashalatoia is a way way way way way to OP feat. My quiestion then comes to what the hell is darling outlaw and all of them that boost both classes but he wil have none of it some times \i just want to strangle him
And on the eberron front he thinks that tashalatoia is a way way way way way to OP feat. My quiestion then comes to what the hell is darling outlaw and all of them that boost both classes but he wil have none of it some times \i just want to strangle him

There's a reason Tashalatora is used for most monk and/or PsyWar builds.  ;)
You could always just use a Cleric or Druid.  
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
I do not find Tasha any more OP then say daring outlaw Just wish I could make my DM see the light because I like monks alot but without being able to advance flurry to level 11 it is a pointless thing as he dose not see natural attacks and flurry attacks serperate from normal attacks he dose not like ppl having large amounts of attacks. It is so bad if you take kensai you can not enchant yourself because enchantments can not be perma on unarmed strikes. The only other thing to do is kill the DM and have someone else run the games that dose not always twist the rules for him to be the winner on the out come.
The biggest problem with a Monk is that they rely on multiple ability scores being high (Wisdom, Strength, Dexterity);  most people on these boards tend to stay away from them since most of their benefits can be applied through equipment (Monk's Belt).  That said, Tashalatora is pretty overwhelmingly powerful...two levels in Monk and you can completely stop taking the class and still 'advance' as a Monk.

Take a look here:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

It's a build that takes advantage of Tashalatora with a slight Monk dip.  
   
Daring outlaw 1 level of rogue and you need not take rogue ever again just take swashbuckler and have a full sneak attack of a rogue plus the full AC bonus of te buckler + the full grace of the buckler too. Then there is swift hunter which is even worse full skirmish bonus to damage full skirmish AC plus you get your ranger favored enemy full as well tasha is just the monk version of these feats and if these feats are allowed then so should tasha but it is not