What does XX mean in a casting cost?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
As an example, on street spasm .  The casting cost is straight forward, but what about the overload cost with XX.  Thanks.  BTW, first time I am trying to autoshow the card so not sure if it is going to work.
Every X on a card is the same value.  For example, if you want to overload Street Spasm so it deals 2 damage, then X=2.  There are two X's, so the total cost is 2+2+RR, or 4RR.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
It means that when you cast it you must pay X twice. For example, to make X=3 with an overloaded Street Spasm you must pay . To get 6 6/6 creatures from a Gelatinous Genesis you must pay (for a total of 13 mana, thus proving the evilness of Gelatinous Genesis).

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Thanks.  that is what I figured but when playing with your 12yo kid they automatically think you are cheating them lol.
It means the casting cost is sexy.

Rules Advisor

Thanks.  that is what I figured but when playing with your 12yo kid they automatically think you are cheating them lol.

It's cool.  I knew someone who was sure that the double-X cost meant you essentially got double your mana's worth on a spell.  Took me forever to convince him otherwise.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Sign In to post comments