Totally text-based DDN campaign, anyone?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone up for a D&D Next, homebrewed world, rolled ability scores campaign? From level one? I need to practice ma DMing skills. I havn't done it in a while, and soon I'm doing an entire campaign to playtest next. If you want to give it a shot, post your unmodified ability scores below before making your charater.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

My Psion for Next

Updated 31/4/14

This will sound very contrived and self-serving, but I spent a lot of time designing this class - so it Psionics is your thing, please give it a quick read and your two cents.

Cheers.

I'd be interested in seeing how well complete text would work (might work better with my internet connection).  What program were you thinking of using?  

I'd either be a pally or warlock.  I've just been using the 16,14,13,12,11,10 from the handbook and swapping them around before adding racial bonuses depending on the class.
Wait, we're talking Next here, right? The most recent packet (121712, or whatever)? I don't think there's a warlock or palidin there... I was thinking of using Skype, maybe - or just the forum!

If we're talking 4e, that's fine as well, we can do that. 

My Psion for Next

Updated 31/4/14

This will sound very contrived and self-serving, but I spent a lot of time designing this class - so it Psionics is your thing, please give it a quick read and your two cents.

Cheers.

I was talking about 4e.  Only edition of dnd that I've played.  I wouldn't use the forum personally due to the sheer amount of posts it will constantly be at the top of the list and anyoneelse can post as well.  Skype gives us a more private setting and lets the forum keep from having a topic with an ungodly high number of replies.  But that's my opinion lol.
If it's 4th edition I would be interested - as long as the nights we play don't clash with my other game nights. I would use the standard array (from the Insider CB): 16, 14, 14, 11, 11, 10. I was thinking of playing an Avenger, not sure about race yet.
Well, I'm not really sure how well 4e would translate to text, given how map-based the combat is (the reason i wanted to try Next), but we could give it a shot, I suppose. Skype names?

My Psion for Next

Updated 31/4/14

Cheers.

True...didn't really think about it that way.  One possible way to do combat is by a grid system but that'll turn into a mess quick.  Skype name is same as forum name.
@Lirnax: Do you know how to use maptool? I've never actually used it before, but we could give it a shot. (You sure you don't want to give the playtest a shot?) 
@everyone else: No other comers? Really? ....

My Psion for Next

Updated 31/4/14

Cheers.

My skype name is Kyrath95. On Maptool's site there is quite a few tutorials (in several languages it seems).
I've never used maptool but I can look at it a little later.  Up to you if you'd rather do the campaign or playtest first...I don't really care which lol.
I just discovered something amazing....... Go onto roll20. Make an account. I'd never heard of it before today, and it is amazing. Make your charaters, and let's do this thing...

My Psion for Next

Updated 31/4/14

Cheers.

I've signed up, although it still looks like we're gunna need a couple more people. I suppose you could also advertise on the Roll20 site (btw, I've used the Roll20 before (from a player's perspective it is rather simple)).

I've created my character. Here's a small desciption of him 

Torinn Dunhath – Dragonborn Avenger of The Raven Queen.

He was once a digger of graves, burying the old and young alike. His constant closeness to death ensured he at-least respected The Raven Queen. Soon, after a strange, recurring dream, he came to worship The Raven Queen, becoming an Avenger of The Raven Queen.

Due to knowing so much death, he is quite cold. He does not fear death, for he knows then, that his purpose that his Queen has for him will be fulfilled. He detests the undead, for they have cheated his Queen.

I've signed up, although it still looks like we're gunna need a couple more people. I suppose you could also advertise on the Roll20 site (btw, I've used the Roll20 before (from a player's perspective it is rather simple)).

I've created my character. Here's a small desciption of him 

Torinn Dunhath – Dragonborn Avenger of The Raven Queen.

He was once a digger of graves, burying the old and young alike. His constant closeness to death ensured he at-least respected The Raven Queen. Soon, after a strange, recurring dream, he came to worship The Raven Queen, becoming an Avenger of The Raven Queen.

Due to knowing so much death, he is quite cold. He does not fear death, for he knows then, that his purpose that his Queen has for him will be fulfilled. He detests the undead, for they have cheated his Queen.

We now have 2 players, including you, Kyrath! Once we have 3, we'll start playing.
Also, some general consensus; do you want this campaign to be more roleplay or more combat oriented, and how hard do you want it to be (ranging from screwing around half the time, to mistakes being punished, to a real challenge to suvive, with hit-and-run tactics being nessisary) ? Any house rules (fumbles, instant kills, no alignemts, ect.) ?

My Psion for Next

Updated 31/4/14

Cheers.

I think, for the first session, you should run it how you would normally run a session. Then, after that, we can decide if we want more of one thing added in, or less of another. I don't really think mistakes should be punished, and I don't think it should so difficult that we should expect a TPK - although I do love a challenge every now and then.
Sign In to post comments