Fate of Ravnica

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
I somewhat remember a thread like this before the RTR block but I couldnt find it so I created this new one.

After reading the RTR E-book when it released it made me wonder what the fate of Ravnica will be by the end of the block. Will one guild control all of it? Total dissolusion of the guilds? Will Jace or Ral play a major role? What is the purpose of Gideon & Domri here?
I think 1 of 3 things will happen;
1) Izzet will take control all of Ravnica
2) The gateless will overthrow the guilds
3) A new (magical) guildpact will be made to rein the guilds back from trying to take too much control.
Too little information to go on. Speculation in dangerous areas without basing in facts.

Gideon was on Ravnica to find what is very like the Infinite Consortium to get help for Zendikar. He didn't have luck since Jace wiped them out a year ago.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the "resolution" involved a reassertion of the status quo. Wizards has learned not to shake things up too much, since they had to retcon both Mirrodin and Ravnica to undo the previous world-shaking conclusions.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the "resolution" involved a reassertion of the status quo. Wizards has learned not to shake things up too much, since they had to retcon both Mirrodin and Ravnica to undo the previous world-shaking conclusions.

Return to Alara:
Someone put metal in the microwave again

Return to Alara:
Someone put metal in the microwave again

Have you been reading Crucius' diary again?
When ever a plane starts peacful, there is always a giant suprise
evidence:

lorwyn turned into shadowmoor

zendikar got eldrazi

alara turned into alara

(not sure on this one) mirrodin turned phyrexian.

I think something intence will happen in ravnica, and some weird new mechanic or suprise that has never been done before will be done with the set.
Ravnica was hardly peaceful to start with. 

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

I'm pretty sure someone from Wizards said that they don't want to completely turn Ravnica upside down because they want to go back to it.

I doubt we will see any sort big change taht really change how the Guilds work 

Peaceful? No.
But it was stable.

Peaceful? No.
But it was stable.

^What I ment by peaceful 
The Gruul finally unite and crush civlization!

Ahem. I think the Izzet are going to come into true power by the end of the block. Something about "Dragon's Maze" makes me think Niv has the reigns.

Peaceful? No.
But it was stable.

Define "stable". We had politicians trying to create absolute order, the local bar association being run by the mafia, transhumanist physicians who have missed an ethics class or two, Gruul randomly wrecking places, and not one but two assassins' guilds.

So if you mean the Boros, Izzet, Golgari (mostly), and Selesnya were stable, then maybe.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Define "stable".

There was a system in place that maintained order.
Was it a nice order, no, but it was order. 
transhumanist physicians who have missed an ethics class or two

This is easily my favorite description of the Simic.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

transhumanist physicians who have missed an ethics class or two

This is easily my favorite description of the Simic.

*bows*

The funny thing is, IRL, there's this one anthropologist who pretends to be a doctor in sub-Saharan Africa, Halperin, who reminds me a lot of Momir Vig.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
When ever a plane starts peacful, there is always a giant suprise
evidence:

lorwyn turned into shadowmoor

zendikar got eldrazi

alara turned into alara

(not sure on this one) mirrodin turned phyrexian.

I think something intence will happen in ravnica, and some weird new mechanic or suprise that has never been done before will be done with the set.

It's actually more like a plane is nevver the same by the end of the block as it is at the beginning.

Ravnica started out as a dictatorship, but the guilds fell by the end of it.

Lorwyn turned into Shadowmoor, but since shadowmoor was its own block, it transformed again by the time it was over.

Alara was 5 seperate worlds that became one.

Mirrodin was overtaken by Phyrexians.

Finally, werewolves of Innistrad were turned into Wolfir to protect the humans, the angels came back with a vengence and rid the world of most of its evil and Avacyn is protecting all humans.

In a way, every block after the mending has been lorwynmoor.