Big dumb and Green

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey folks, I'm looking at making my least played type of deck, a mono green ramp deck. Had a look at Tich's guide and basically came up with the following strong cards that are a) powerful on their own and b) have some synergy and c) are enhanced but not dependent on Doubling Season.

1   Yavimaya Hollow
4   Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
1   Mosswort Bridge
18   Forest

4   Forgotten Ancient
4   Sakura-Tribe Elder
1   Genesis
4   Primordial Hydra
3   Avenger of Zendikar
3   Predator Ooze
4   Solemn Simulacrum

4   Doubling Season
4   Creeping Corrosion
4   Lurking Predators
1   Karn Liberated

Sideboard (Swap Creeping Corrosion for either or both of these when appropriate)

4   Whirlwind
4   Calming Verse

The card numbers aren't final, the most iffy card is Predator Ooze and I might swap it for Bramblewood Paragon.
I think Vigor would help you. and maybe Primeval Titan - if not for anything else, then just to get your non-basic lands out.
I dont see a great deal of ramp (am i being stupid?). I like Overgrown Battlement and maybe some traproot kami
It is tough to comment on decks that appear solid to begin with.

Still... maybe start with a mix of your SB cards, rather than the playset of Creeping Corrosion?  Meta-dependant, of course.  Along with those thoughts is instead of 4 Whirlwind, what about 2 Whirlwind and 2 Silklash Spider?  I'm thinking reusable flying removal and can swing in a pinch.  Plus, I just like the card.

Predator Ooze is a beast whenever I've encountered it.  I'd say try it for a while before swapping it.  Besides, the Ooze wins on its own, while the Paragon needs other cards.

I like Primordial Hydra alongside Forgotten Ancient.  I may have to steal that idea.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.