Question about truesight and hidden

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
If a monster has truesight can they see hidden. Is there a sight in which the state of hidden is rendered useless. I am hidden from the rogue cunning sneak trick, not hidden behind a rock. I looked through several pages of the hidden club but did not see an answer to this.
It's covered by the general rules of the hidden club and the definition of truesight/blindsight, you aren't hidden if they have LoE to you.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
I read the entire "Rules of the hidden club" first page and then both the definition of Blindsight and truesight. Truesight just referenced blindsight and had no independent definition. Blindsight said zero about the status of hidden.
Sure it does.  Blindsight and truesight let things see you.  If things see you, you violate the "Don't Be Seen" Rule of Hidden Club, and get kicked out.

To answer whether you get kicked out of Hidden Club, pretend it's normal vision.

"Would this thing be able to see me if I weren't Hidden?"

If yes, you're no longer hidden.

This works for all vision types.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
I read the entire "Rules of the hidden club" first page and then both the definition of Blindsight and truesight. Truesight just referenced blindsight and had no independent definition. Blindsight said zero about the status of hidden.

Blindsight says that you can see normally regardless of invisibility or how obscured an area is.

What that effectively means is that, against a creature with Blindsight or Truesight, you can never gain any degree of Concealment, though Cover functions normally.

If you're relying purely on Concealment and not Cover in order to engage Cunning Sneak, you're out of luck because you lack Concealment against that opponent.
Hmmm, that is a problem 8(

ok well thanks for the clarification. 
Just for completeness's sake, I should mention one small caveat to what I wrote above. Whilst Truesight and Blindsight will defeat Concealment through invisibility or any form of obscurement (whether from darkness or from effects such as smoke or fog), there are some powers and abilities, such as the Warlock's Shadow Walk ability, which simply grant concealment, without specifying any source for that concealment.

By strict RAW, truesight and blindsight do nothing to counter such concealment, since it is not the result of either obscurement or invisibility, so it would still be effective even against creatures possessing such senses. However, you may expect some disagreement from DMs from a RAI perspective. 
By strict RAW, truesight and blindsight do nothing to counter such concealment

Agreed, non-obscured total concealment is not seen by Blindsight and Tremorsense (ex. Cat and Mouse, Shadow Feathers). They're rare though.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter