Glorious Charger

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Glorious Charger -
Creature - Human Knight
At the end of each turn, put a charge counter on Glorious Charger. Then, if there are five or more charge counters on it, remove all of them.
Whenever Glorious Charger attacks or blocks, remove all charge counters from it. For each charge counter removed this way, Glorious Charger gets +1/+1 until end of turn and you gain one life.
Taking a small run-up can break its enemy's shield. Taking a large run-up can break its concentration.
2/2
Cool
Lots of text! ô.Ô
So it attacks as a 4/4 with semi-lifelink after you summon it.

Hmmm.....I'd make it cost
This creature "only" attacks + blocks as 3/3 creature as long as you attack + block each turn! But if you need a 5/5 creature or a 6/6 creature because of what creatures your opponent controls, you could simply wait for some turns.. I believe that it's versatile enough to be a five-mana creature, but I'm not sure and I'm waiting for some other comments..
I *really* think it's not worth 5 cmc, specially with the double mana. Peace out.
This creature "only" attacks + blocks as 3/3 creature as long as you attack + block each turn! But if you need a 5/5 creature or a 6/6 creature because of what creatures your opponent controls, you could simply wait for some turns.. I believe that it's versatile enough to be a five-mana creature, but I'm not sure and I'm waiting for some other comments..

As worded it attacks as a 4/4. It says each turn. I think you mean each of your turns... then it's a 3/3.
Another thought to make it a tough decision as to wait or not, You could say.

For each charge counter removed, it gets +X/+X and you gain X life, where X is the number of charge counters removed.
1 == +1/+1 and 1 life
2 == +4/+4 and 4 life
3 == +9/+9 and 9 life
4 == +16/+16 and 16 life.

That does get ridiculous fast, so maybe a 1/1, cap it at 3, and make it 4 cmc.
This really makes for a glorius charger.

I do like the card. I just don't know that I would use charge counters.

Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Yeah, that growth rate would escalate quickly and exponential growth rarely make sense, magicpablo666 explored that problem himself when he designed card with X^2.. It's actually supposed to charge on the end of each turn, otherwise it would be printed as 3/3 creature or as 4/4 creature and you would have to wait for a very long time just for a little +1/+1 pump effect..
It's a lot of words, maybe it could be phrased differently.

It's cool and very fun, probably underpowered. I wouldn't be running this knowing I could run hero of the bladehold for less. I don't think it needs the  "if there are five or more charge counters on it, remove all of them." clause

Is this a rare or an uncommon? I really think this could cost a lot less, CMC 4 for sure, maybe even 3 plus some drawback. Baneslayer Angel is a 3WW creature that is verstile enough to justify its cost. 
I don't bite, don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions or thoughts about deck ideas I post or anything Magic the Gathering related. My Causal Modern Decks Swag Flu (Mono Black Infect) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788619/Swag_Flu_(Mono_Black_Infect) American Super Friends (White/Blue/Red Planeswalker Control) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29772319/American_Super_Friends_(Budget_WhiteBlueRed_Planeswalker_Control) Hong Kong (White/Red Norin Tokens)http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29636557/Hong_Kong_(WhiteRed_Norin_Tokens)
The power level of the card wasn't supposed to be anywhere close to Baneslayer Angel + Hero Of Bladehold, it's just another uncommon (?) for a few casual decks.. The part where you reset the number of charge counters is what makes the card innovative enough to deserve a whole thread, at least that's what I hope.. Also, playing with the card should be interesting because of that ability!