DLCR: Teleportal

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other RtR card to rate is...

Teleportal

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is a pretty legit finisher.  It's kind of like Izzet's Overrun.  Should be picked pretty highly.

3-3.5

Discuss! 

The crown of the dinky deck. It's in the same colors as cobble brute and goblin rally. And it ends games. If you're not getting ten damage/finishing your opponent with this thing you're playing it wrong.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Always play in izzet, always splash in rakdos, splash in azorius if you're the azorius justiciar and crosstown courier version, but not if you're the vassal soul and armory guard version.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
3.5 I believe this game has been responsible for my biggest blowout wins AND losses.
I think something in the 3.5-4.0 range. It's not quite Overrun, but in some select cases it can actually be better.
4-4.5. I have considered briefly taking this over a (foil) Jace P1P1 of a PTQ T8, I think it's a ridiculously powerful card.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
4.0 to 4.5. I tend to go for Selesnya decks, but I'd be willing to splash this into Rakdos or Azorius if I got the right guildgates.
I find blustersquall to be better, its not as good of a finisher but can be used defensivly as well

This number system doesn't properly show how much of the nut this card is. Blowout city. 
This number system doesn't properly show how much of the nut this card is. Blowout city. 

It also doesn't show it's often a dead card in hand. This card is often in my opponent's hand when I beat them...

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge

It also doesn't show it's often a dead card in hand. This card is often in my opponent's hand when I beat them...

... While this is a trend, most of the times if you remember to play 15+ creatures, this card is insane. If they're trading off all their creatures, it's going to be a dead draw. If they instead (try to) race with cards like Gore-House Chainwalkers and Bloodfray Giant, this just swings the race around so hard. I suspect some players who include this play too defensively when they don't actually have the card in hand (losing the game slowly but surely) instead of playing to their outs. You shouldn't be afraid to take some damage to the face instead of trading/chumping unprofitably if you're running stuff like this and Traitorous Instinct.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!

... While this is a trend, most of the times if you remember to play 15+ creatures, this card is insane. If they're trading off all their creatures, it's going to be a dead draw. If they instead (try to) race with cards like Gore-House Chainwalkers and Bloodfray Giant, this just swings the race around so hard. I suspect some players who include this play too defensively when they don't actually have the card in hand (losing the game slowly but surely) instead of playing to their outs. You shouldn't be afraid to take some damage to the face instead of trading/chumping unprofitably if you're running stuff like this and Traitorous Instinct.

I suspect that's a big part of it. I'm just sick of the postgame "You got lucky...look what I had in my hand." after 4 or 5 guys do that, you realise it might not be luck that this card is in the palm and not on the stack...
Sign In to post comments