DLCR: Tavern Swindler

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays RtR card to rate is...

Tavern Swindler

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

Truth be told I kind of like this chick.  I mean at worst she's still a bear which is fine especially in black.  And occassionally if you take the chance she can gain you life.

Discuss! 

I agree with CG. I've taken the chance with her. And gotten lucky. Was able to stall a turn before turning things sideways for the win.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

1.5 I like the 2/2 body but the ability is not something that I want to use.
2 is a bit generous for a bear with an ability that's not relevant. 1.5 for me.
Bears lose their value fast in this set, and a 50% chance to die 1 turn later is not something I'm interested in.
It's only 1.5 not 2
You'd much rather have thrill-kill, chainwalker, drudge beetle, stuff like that. 
Yeah, I don't rate Boobs McGee any higher than 1.5. As a side note, however, I think she's the only human female in the set that doesn't look like she's in a foul mood.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Perhaps it is because she's swindling someone! I'll go 1.5 as well. In most sets bears can be 2.0, but in this one I think she's a 1.5. The only occassion I could see using her ability in was one where she was untapped, and an extra 3 life would save you, and at -3 and 0 you'd be dead either way. It hasn't happened yet.
No wonder mtg has trouble attracting women when threads like this are so loaded with objectification.
No wonder mtg has trouble attracting women when threads like this are so loaded with objectification.

Like you'd have shot with any of them? I know I wouldn't, I have a rotten personality.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

2. Rakdos decks like bears well enough and Golgari decks need some early game too (though this is clearly not the best of them as others have said).
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!