Classic fantasy 4e campaign?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greetings, all. I'm coming off of a successful Eberron campaign, but my players didn't get to the very end, partially because I'm kinda burned out. However, in January, I'll actually be playing in a game (Rogue Trader, w00t!), so I'm hoping that my batteries will be recharged.

However, I got a request from another friend and his girlfriend to run some 4e for them, and I'm wondering if anybody can reccommend a good classic fantasy set of modules for 4e. As is, I'm thinking of starting with Keep on the Shadowfell (adjusted down, to account for the small group), and then moving to the 4e Village of Hommlet, but I'm wondering if anybody can suggest something else, even third party. I looked at EN Publishing's Zeitgeist campaign path, but its a little too modern for me. I'm looking for, again, classic fantasy.

So, anybody have any suggestions? 

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
Well, you could run at least some of the various Chaos Scar adventures. Its a pretty simple setup, there's a weird dangerous monster infested area and a keep, sort of an elaboration of the old Keep on the Borderlands. There are a whole bunch of heroic tier adventures, most of them mini-adventures you can finish in a session or two. Its all simple enough and loosely enough structured that you can do whatever you want with it. I think some of the LFR/RPGA stuff is pretty reasonable too, and freely available.
That is not dead which may eternal lie
livingforgottenrealms.com.  LFR is the classic setting and there are a ton of mini adventures there that include everything you need.  Also, they are free.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Ah yeah, I had forgotten about the Chaos Scar adventures...and my experience with LFR has been mediocre at best, but that might be because of the group (at the FLGS, perpetually changing, no focus on roleplay because its a changing group, etc).

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
  I would recommend against using Keep on the Shadowfell, since it has a lot of structural problems.

The Chaos Scar adventures are a better place to start, but if you want a larger pre-built/print adventure then HS1: The Slaying Stone is another good entry point.

Second The Slaying Stone. It's a classic fantasy adventure, it's very malleable, and does a good job of eliminating railroading. For instance, it's quite long, but my group accidentally skipped most of the adventure and did the whole thing in one sitting. 
Sign In to post comments