Jund Creature Control (Jund CC)

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yea, I dont want vraska in here she is very overrated. I find that when I play with this type of deck I never have problems efficiently playing lands.

I started it as a control deck, but changed it up to make it midrange creatures. So ignore the name lol

Creatures: 15
4x vampire nighthawk
4x huntmaster of the fells
3x olivia voldaren
4x thragtusk

Walkers: 2
2x garruk relentless

Spells: 19
3x appetite for brains
2x pillar of flame
2x sign in blood
2x abrupt decay
2x dreadbore
1x tribute to hunger
3x underworld connections
3x rakdos's return
1x bonfire of the damned

Lands: 24
2x kessig wolf run
2x cavern of souls
4x rootbound crag
4x woodland cemetery
4x blood crypt
3x dragonskull summit
4x overgrown tomb
1x forest

Sideboard: 15
3x duress
3x shimian specter
2x tribute to hunger
3x grafdigger's cage
3x slaughter games
1x staff of nin
i would drop some number of the ravenous rats and atleast 1 abrupt decay for dreadbore really good and ccan hit planes walkers. haveyou considered running huntmaster of the fells mainboard? makes card advantagge and gains u life.  i would run appetite for brains sideboard. very nice card
i would drop some number of the ravenous rats and atleast 1 abrupt decay for dreadbore really good and ccan hit planes walkers. haveyou considered running huntmaster of the fells mainboard? makes card advantagge and gains u life.  i would run appetite for brains sideboard. very nice card

Yea your kind of right. I changed it around a bit. Made appetite for brains main board instead of duress because I like the appetite for brains + abrupt decay combo :D. takes care of WHATEVER x 2 lol

also put huntmaster in main.. its kind of weak vs the meta today but its still a great card vs aggro decks
so i got rid of huntmaster again. and added a splash of blue into the mix. Playing an even harder 4c standard deck right now makes me confident that I can splash blue into this deck without it being a problem.

The blue card is evil twin He doesnt gain me life or get me a token, but he can clone a thragtusk if I need life, and also deals with way bigger threats than a huntmaster can.

the list is edited, what do you guys think?
The summary of your OP is that you will ignore all the most relevant advice anyone could give you (2, 4), and then you added blue for Evil Twin of all things, and dropped Huntmaster. Oooooookay.

Agreed on Vraska though. The only matchups where she's good, she's strictly win-more.

Basically, you want a stock Jund midrange list, you've already got the expensive parts.
yea, what's with the blue?

and usually, running 61 cards means you wanted an extra land added in, but not at the expense of a spell.  just playing 61 cards for another spell isn't necessarily the best course of action.  just wanted to throw that in there.

and this has already been said, but this looks like a stock list but with some random choices that are just making your deck worse. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Deathrite Shamans would be great, I'd cut the twins for them.

Also I think Golgari Charm deserves a spot somewhere. I'm actually surprised their aren't more board sweepers. Ring of Xathrid is pretty much useless. All of your creatures are immediate targets for removal and nothing will ever stick. Either add Indestructibles (Aristocrat) or counterspells.
There**
No, not counterspells, blue has no place in this deck.

I appreciate that you're trying to be cute, but put the deck back the way it was when you copied the list. There will be plenty of time for BUG decks come Gatecrash.
Why no Bonfire ofthee Damned?
Because that's not a card. Could try Bonfire of the Damned in the sideboard, though.
Actually Vraska is fine in this deck.

The twins have no place here, nor does blue...

61 cards is also slightly bad

Oh wait...you didn't want your deck to get better I forgot.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
and he also MUST play at least one serpent generator in every deck...for sentimental reasons.
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Even if he explicitly doesn't want this deck to be competitive, I'm pretty sure he wants to keep it standard legal.

Vraska could work in a deck with 8 mana dorks and 8 keyrunes because she's honestly pretty intimidating on turn 3. But then so is Thragtusk so...
OK so.. Removed blue, I have come to the realization that blue is just a wild idea.

So the list is updated now, I put the discarding away in the sideboard for the most part and added destroy spells that help vs both control and aggro decks I will be facing. I like to keep it instant speed with exception of dreadbore.

Now it looks more generic but I think it is way more competitive.

Thanks for the suggestions up to this point, I would love more feedback!
Looks much better. Might want to drop a Rakdos's Return and the Pillar of Flame for Brimstone Volley, possibly. Not sure how I feel about Farseek, I'm thinking it could be cut for the other two Brimstone Volley and another Golgari Charm, mana permitting. Try and trade for another Bonfire while they're lowi-sh?, needs more sweepers. Blasphemous Act would be a boss out the 'board, a whole set of them. They'd cost like 4 mana in both G/x (tempo?) matches I played (W, B). The future is utility weenies D:
Looks much better. Might want to drop a Rakdos's Return and the Pillar of Flame for Brimstone Volley, possibly. Not sure how I feel about Farseek, I'm thinking it could be cut for the other two Brimstone Volley and another Golgari Charm, mana permitting. Try and trade for another Bonfire while they're lowi-sh?, needs more sweepers. Blasphemous Act would be a boss out the 'board, a whole set of them. They'd cost like 4 mana in both G/x (tempo?) matches I played (W, B). The future is utility weenies D:

Yea cya later farseek, that card ramps but I dont really need it with all the low cost removal i use.

That being said, I made it so my removal really abuses the appetite for brains/abrupt decay combo. That is a bomb out of their hand and a crucial card either detention sphere for control or loxodon smiter for aggro, or a thragtusk and nighthawk vs mirror.

The other ones are 2x pillars for some zombie matchups and 2x dreadbores in case I get stuck needing to take down a walker, or just a strong creature.

i dropped the farseek for 2x sign in blood, and 2x underworld connections. I think id rather have the 4-5 extra cards a game than the 1-2 land ramp.

Looks great! Hadn't considered Abrupt Decay working with Appetite like that, good idea. Pillar of Flame is also great vs Humans, and they're actually making me want to 'board Geistflame.
Looks great! Hadn't considered Abrupt Decay working with Appetite like that, good idea. Pillar of Flame is also great vs Humans, and they're actually making me want to 'board Geistflame.

so i tested it a couple times tonight, and it seems like garruk primal is too many green to have in the deck without farseek. So i switched to relentless.. relentless is more jund style anyway :D