Breaking Roaring Primadox in standard, need a hand doing it.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I could use a hand abusing the effect of Roaring Primadox in standard. I'v been trying to do wierd things with it since i saw it in M13. So far all I have been able to do with it is make a green/white bounce and blink deck using Conjurer's Closet, primadox, and cheap creatures that draw and whatnot.

Any suggestions of what i can do to the idea to make it worth playing at somehting like an FNM. (keep in mind im soing this on a budget, so Thragtusk, Restoration Angel, and Angel of Serenity are a bit out of my range)

using Acidic Slime, Elvish Visionary, Gatecreeper Vine, and Fiend Hunter already   

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Stonehorn Dignitary
Briarpack Alpha
Blade Splicer
Wall of Omens
Cloudthresher (or anything with envoke) + Cloudshift = double ETB ability + no scarifice

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice it needs to be standard legal 
...of which only Briarpack Alpha is standard legal.

L1 Judge

bond beetle+Roaring Primadox+slumbering dragon is nice, along with stuff like travel preparations, blessings of nature, or stuff that can damage you.
roaring primadox lets you reset the +1/+1 counters on undying creatures like young wolf and strangleroot geist.  More of a limited trick than a standard deck trick.  

It also lets you move rancor once a turn. 
I think some mana dorks, and more agressive green cards can make this a mono color deck. Yet I think it will be useable only when Simic comes out in gatecrash, assuming the spoiled cards have that kind of ETB trigger theme. THx for all the help and suggestions!

(Ill keep the idea floating until Gatecrash drops and see where this thread gets by then.)  
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
I misread him entirely!  I thought it had to be a green creature that was returned.  This is so much more useful now.

Seems nice with Gatecreeper Vine, Elvish Visionary, Borderland Ranger, Huntmaster of the Fells, and Armada Wurm.  Those all have some good ETB effects for ramp.

I misread him entirely!  I thought it had to be a green creature that was returned.  This is so much more useful now.

Must be because of Stampeding WildebeestsStampeding Serow. People see the Primadox and think it's just a worse version of the antelopes, but its a color-friendly version.

[<o>]
primadox + archaeomancer + fog

or any spell really..
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
You could look at pairing it with [C]Emancipation Angel[/C] and [C]Oblivion Ring[/C] to give the ring a new target. [C]Cathedral Sanctifier[/C] would be another good card to pair it with.
You could look at pairing it with [C]Emancipation Angel[/C] and [C]Oblivion Ring[/C] to give the ring a new target. [C]Cathedral Sanctifier[/C] would be another good card to pair it with.

Those are...kinda weak. Sanctifier is especially glaring because there are so many lifegain instants that imprint on Isochron Scepter for more, or for greater versatility.

Rune-Scarred Demon, Eternal Witness, Blade Splicer, and Riftsweeper are all better targets. Liquimetal Coating and Viridian Shaman/Viridian Corrupter/Manic Vandal. And of course, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre and Kozilek, Butcher of Truth.

Also, Quest for the Holy Relic. Hell, Wall of Omens/Wall of Blossoms/Jungle Barrier/Dormant Sliver/Elvish Visionary.

Show
The Simic want you to use it with Tree of Redemption, but Deadeye Navigator's a better choice still.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt