Lock color

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Im looking for cards like Iona, Shield of Emeria , which locks or prevents players from playing spells from specific colors.
Painter's Servant and Iona would lock out every spell the other player might play.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.

Conversion shuts down red decks handily.

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Are you looking for cards that shut down specific colours?  Or something that is flexible?

Winter Orb, Static Orb, Stasis etc., can effectively slow your opponent down a lot.
Counterbalance sucks when they have lots of deck filter in their deck. 

I like cards like Pyroblast & Hydroblast.
Sure, they're not "preventing" - but I like reactive cards - same reason I like stuff like Carpet of Flowers.
curse of exhaustion + knowledge pool stops your opponent from ever casting spells again.
Silence, Isochron Scepter, Seedborn Muse. The Muse is there to stop your opponent all the time, rather than only on his turn.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Silence, Isochron Scepter, Seedborn Muse. The Muse is there to stop your opponent all the time, rather than only on his turn.

If you really wanted to be mean, I would replace Isochron Scepter with Panoptic Mirror.
That way, you don;t even have to pay anything to cast silence each turn!!!!!
This is a mean, devasting and not difficult to execute combo.

If you really wanted to be mean, I would replace Isochron Scepter with Panoptic Mirror.
That way, you don;t even have to pay anything to cast silence each turn!!!!!
This is a mean, devasting and not difficult to execute combo.

Panoptic Mirror only works during your upkeep, so that's not a good idea.

Hence the Scepter.

The more insane method is Mycosynth Lattice, Darksteel Forge, Nevinyrral's Disk. Now you have a repeatable "destroy all permanents" effect. (And yes, lands are now artifacts, so you can destroy them too.) The Forge is just there to make sure your permanents survive.
139359831 wrote:
Godhead of AweDovescape, and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. The great thing is that they curve perfectly into each other, the bad is that they are 5, 6, and 7 mana.