[GTC-ICD] Vizkopa Guardian

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apparently another card was discovered. Not sure how I feel about it yet (if it's real or not), however I thought I'd let you guys see it and form opinions on it yourselves.

EDIT: This is a confirmed fake.



Vizkopa Guardian
Creature - Knight (U)
First Strike, Lifelink
Resurrect (You may cast this from your graveyard for . If you do, the next time it would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else)
Death is no excuse to leave your post.
2/2

Must use this with stifle. Such an awesome mechanic though!
proven fake on mtgs. 
Wait, just a knight?  Not a human knight or a zombie knight or a spirit knight or something?  That doesn't feel right. Considering this art has been revealed before, I'm going to hesitantly say it's fake.  Which would be sad, because Resurrect looks pretty kickass.  Overall, this card seems pretty playable.  Alongside Vampire Nighthawk, some Orzhov or WRB Midrange seem highly plausible.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
The "S" in "first strike" shouldn't be capitalized.
proven fake on mtgs. 


Plus y'know, it's basically Unearth except with godawfully ridonkulonkulous memory issues.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I'm calling fake. Its only type is Knight when it should at least also be a Human or Spirit and the "Strike" part of "First strike" isn't supposed to be capitalized; compare with White Knight and his multitude of brethren. Granted, it wouldn't be the first time a card featured typographical errors and other printing mistakes, but those two are pretty glaring.

Most everything else about this card seems believable; the keyword seems awfully similar to Unearth and asks you to keep track of whether you cast it for the Resurrect cost or the regular cost, which could result in a lot of book keeping, not desirable for lower rarities in particular, but the cost, stats, and other abilities seem reasonable enough, typos notwithstanding.

From what I can tell this is almost assuredly a fake. The reminder text seems way off to me as the letters on released cards are much more curved and stylized. If this is a fake however, does this lessen the chances of the other "revealed" cards of being real? Have we been scammed this whole time?

"He is prescient and intense, like a looming thunderstorm trying to whisper it's secrets into our incapable ears..."

Flashback for creatures? I'd like that. Would need some kind of indicator though.
Still doesn't look legit.
Flashback for creatures? I'd like that. Would need some kind of indicator though.
Still doesn't look legit.



Flashback for creatures exists, it's called unearth. As for the card, obvious fake is fake.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
This mechanic would be another take on creature flashback than Unearth though.
Especially as Unearth is restricted to sorcery speed - Resurrect with this wording would not.
Probably worse for LtB effects and EtB+flickering, maybe stronger for the rest.

But that's irrelevant anyway. Neither the first nor the last fake "discovery".
Probably worse for... EtB+flickering, maybe stronger for the rest.


Would it? If you're exiling it and the rule says to replace exiling it with exiling it, would that screw up things like Momentary Blink, Duplicant and the like?

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Shouldn't the reminder text say "you may cast this card from your graveyard for its Resurrect cost" rather than its current wording?
i feel like he would be more white or gold than black. Just look at the picture, the black of the card looks horrible with so much of the contrasting white in the pic

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
It looks like a "my first YMTC". The concept is cool, but it creates memory issues by doing what it's supposed to do- which WotC tries to avoid doing. I'm all for another Unearth or Undying or Haunt mechanic too.

Also, I'm not sure how often non-token creatures are made with class but not a race these days.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

Also, I'm not sure how often non-token creatures are made with class but not a race these days.



It happens but only very infrequently and usually to drive a point like Arcanis being mysterious or the Exarch cycle being representative of Phyrexia transcending the definition of 'species'.
Both of the 2/2 First strikers for two in Return to Ravnica are rares.
Both of the 2/2 First strikers for two in Return to Ravnica are rares.


Good point. This thing could easily be a rare, if it were real.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Good eyes, everyone. Is there a way to request that this thread be deleted?
Good eyes, everyone. Is there a way to request that this thread be deleted?


Cant you edit the title adding a "(confirmed fake)" ?
I play for fun
I believe so, but I'm not sure how to. Can someone please tell me how to?
proven fake on mtgs. 



Plus, it has memory issues. You can fix this with unearth (since it only lasts until EOT) but not this.

And I might be mistaken, but didn't Orzhov have two basic themes of 1) death triggers and 2) lifegain/life payment? Basically Orzhov is about "making money" (in the form of creatures and life) and then "spending it".
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Basically Orzhov is about "making money"


It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo. Because the status is not quo.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
Basically Orzhov is about "making money"


It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo. Because the status is not quo.



Uh... The Orzhov are all about the status quo, because they are already on top.  Furthermore, "status is not quo" doesn't amke any sense.  Basically that would mean something like "The standing of this is not what its standing is"
This mechanic would be another take on creature flashback than Unearth though.
Especially as Unearth is restricted to sorcery speed - Resurrect with this wording would not.
Probably worse for LtB effects and EtB+flickering, maybe stronger for the rest.

But that's irrelevant anyway. Neither the first nor the last fake "discovery".


No, it's restricted to sorcery.  It says you cast it from the graveyard, so it follows the casting restrictions of creatures.

It'd actually work really well with flickering, as it gets around the exiling clause (see the ruling on Sedris, the Traitor King.
I believe so, but I'm not sure how to. Can someone please tell me how to?


You cannot edit the title after someone has posted in the thread. So it's either asking a mod to do it, or tell everyone to ignore the thread.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Basically Orzhov is about "making money"


It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo. Because the status is not quo.



Uh... The Orzhov are all about the status quo, because they are already on top.  Furthermore, "status is not quo" doesn't amke any sense.  Basically that would mean something like "The standing of this is not what its standing is"


Your response indicates that you need to go and enjoy this.  

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

Fake or not, this would never be printed at Uncommon.

Money Mouth