Suggestions for Mimeoplasm self-Mill

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I began a the mimeoplasm self-mill deck last week, and I decided to come here to see what people could suggest. I don't have my deck on me currently, and it's far from a complete deck, but I would still like to know what people think is good/would run in a mimi deck

For self mill I have: tracker's instincts, grisly salvage, increasing confusion, traumatize, golgari Grave-troll, stinkweed imp and Golgari thug. It's not a lot, which is my concern. I've been meaning to get a forbidden alchemy for a while, but I'm too lazy to get one out of my bulk and my LGS that I was at was out the one time I remembered to ask.

I have some ideas of others, but I'd still like to hear from the masses.

Discuss, and I'll post a decklist tomorrow perhaps. 
Obviously expensive, but Life from the Loam is ridiculous with fetchlands/cycle lands/lands that hit the GY often, I put my $10 down for it, and it's wonderful.

As a blowout spell of some sort Living End and Living Death are some excellent ways to explode your "library" all over the battlefield.

There must be some cards I'm missing, but I can't really think of any more. Mirror-Mad Phantasm.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
My friend uses Basalt Monolith and Mesmeric Orb.  Budget effective combo.
Tunnel Vision? Also gives you an alternate win conditions if you're running Spell Crumple, Hinder, or Spin into Myth
Obviously expensive, but Life from the Loam is ridiculous with fetchlands/cycle lands/lands that hit the GY often, I put my $10 down for it, and it's wonderful.

As a blowout spell of some sort Living End and Living Death are some excellent ways to explode your "library" all over the battlefield.

There must be some cards I'm missing, but I can't really think of any more. Mirror-Mad Phantasm.

Yeah, I forgot I run a mirror-mad Phantasam. Life from the Loam I can get because I wanted the Jarad vs niv Dual deck, or I'll just buy it online with christymas coming up. I need a snapcaster mage to make the Living end I run super budget awesome though.
My friend uses Basalt Monolith and Mesmeric Orb.  Budget effective combo.

Mesmeric orb seems fun. 
Tunnel Vision? Also gives you an alternate win conditions if you're running Spell Crumple, Hinder, or Spin into Myth

Maybe. I do run Mirror-mad, and sometimes I like to keep my library reasonable so I can play the game. Thanks though!
I had one of these decks and I used Hermit Druid to self mill BIG TIME.  I did not have a lot of basic lands in there so it was very easy to get through 20-30 cards with one activation.
Jarad's Orders, Buried Alive and Entomb seem like Mimeoplasm musts.  You could also use Necrosavant to pop one of your own creatures from the battlefield to the graveyard for Mimeoplasm shenanigans, and get a 5/5 out of it.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I have Orders and buried alive, but Entomb is out of my price range currently. I don't really play other guys other than the Plastastical, save for spellskite, so necrosavant is like meh.

Quick general question about him, though. Since he becomes a copy of a creature, does he still do general damage? Because if so, stormtide leviathan and death's shadow just kills people right out. 
I am currently using a mimeoplasm edh and am having a great deal of success.

Laboratory Maniac+Leveler is a fun way to win the game, and Defense of the Heart gets them out on the start of turn 5.

Skithyrix and any 6 power creature on Mimeoplasm can insta kill.

Copying Mirror Mad Phantasm and using the copy's ability will mill your deck.

Alchemist's refuge is insane in the late game when you can flash in your combo pieces on your opponent's end step.

Havengul Lich is just good in general, but becomes even more useful in this deck in particular.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I have plenty of experience with this deck. If you have any specific questions I can probably answer them.
Oh and Mimeoplasm cannot win with general damage. Its name is no longer The Mimeoplasm so he doesnt deal the general damage.
Oh and Mimeoplasm cannot win with general damage. Its name is no longer The Mimeoplasm so he doesnt deal the general damage.

Not true.  The card itself is designated your commander.  Sakashima the Impostor can also win with general damage.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I realize that I have misread the rules, my apologies. Mimeoplasm deals commmander damage. Rock that Death's Shadow and have fun...Leveler is also an exceptional target to give +1/+1 counters.
If you want your library to become your graveyard, few cards will do it more effectively than Mirror-Mad Phantasm. Some beefy draw would probably be good as well, giving you the option to pick and choose what goes to the hand and what goes to the yard.

Triskelion, Necrotic Ooze, and Szadek, Lord of Secrets also seem like easy picks in a deck like this.
http://thedailydungeon.blogspot.com/ My Daily D&D blog - cities, dungeons, NPC's, and more
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I got a lot of stuff that I want to do with this deck. I would say I'm gonna post a decklist bur considering I don't have the ability to get all of these at once, it wouldn't be a real decklist. However, when I do, I'll make sure to send it in here.
Hermit druid

3DH4LIF3

Things like Leveler and Laboratory Maniac are very cheap to buy.  If you live near a card shop, go through their $1 rare box.  It's amazing what you can find in those...I actually discovered an FNM Krosan Grip at my local store.