Giant Rats in the sewers adventure?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know a low level giant rats in the sewer adventure for 4e? Maybe from dungeon magazine?
Skaven or gnolls or goblin etc. might work as well.
yes.
Have you tried looking?
I think several adventures of various levels have the "sewers filled with nasty stuff" encounter somewhere in them.
yes.
Have you tried looking?

Yep. I tried the compendium, but it didn't really help. I thought you guys know some of the top of your head. Obviously no. I guess you can only troll.

Aetharion
Thank you that was very helpful.
Sunken Tower of the Marsh Mystic has low level lizardmen. It could easily be adapted to become a sewer.
LFR mod Manyhands make light work has rats in the sewer.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
You asked about one of the ten most common low-level encounter descriptions.
It is a classic.
I should think you'd be able to find tons of them with a cusory look.
Sorry if my first response seemed rude, but it seemed like it should be extremely easy to find what you were looking for.
Really Whisper? Weren't trying to be rude? The Grinch's was two-times too small too...
yes.
Have you tried looking?

Yep. I tried the compendium, but it didn't really help. I thought you guys know some of the top of your head. Obviously no. I guess you can only troll. Aetharion Thank you that was very helpful.

If you type "rat" into the compendium you get 30 results.  You get an entire first page filled with creatures of level 4 and below.  It isn't trolling to tell you to just look.  Its being honest.  It's like coming in here and asking where one would go to optimize a character for 4e (The answer being the 4e Character Optimization Boards).

Really Whisper? Weren't trying to be rude? The Grinch's was two-times too small too...

Its not rude to not enable laziness.  Just use the search engine. 

You asked about one of the ten most common low-level encounter descriptions.
It is a classic.
I should think you'd be able to find tons of them with a cusory look.
Sorry if my first response seemed rude, but it seemed like it should be extremely easy to find what you were looking for.

^  Really no reason you should apologize.  It is like someone asking if low-level goblins exist.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Fine. But is there ever a reason to be snippy first, when the original question could have been very sincere? You are making assumptions that the questioner isn't a kid, a raw newbie, etc.. Just because it seems obvious to you, doesn't make it ok to be so casuallu snide, which is the predominant trait on here these days and and what I might also add makes one more of a nerd than the fact that one is perusing an rpg board.
> If you type "rat" into the compendium you get 30 results.

Of which only a handful are actually rats, the majority being kobolds, thugs (who belong to an organization with "rat" in its name), and various shapeshifters.

He was also asking for adventures, not creature stats; the source links in the compendium entries aren't always obvious to someone who hasn't used the thing before, and they aren't going to point the user to sewer-based adventures anyway.

--

OP: The best bet is to go to the main Dungeon page and do a search for something like "sewer adventure", then narrow it down. You could also go to the Dungeon article archive, sort by "Category", and then look at the "adventures" entries for titles that suggest an appropriate theme.
( www.wizards.com/dnd/Archive.aspx?sort=ca... )

You could also take some low-level adventures that are written using minor vermin like spiders or ants and replace them with rats, shifting the location to an urban one in the process. "Death in the Pincers" comes to mind as one possibility, and a few other Chaos Scar scenarios like "The Splintered Spring" would also work.

Mine is 4 times too small.