Fortune-Cards: Status cards and negative effects

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

I like the idea of fortune cards although I only let them use them for boss fights. Unfortunately, they're not that much "fortune" as in "fate" but more like "get a single-use bonus" or to state it more clearly: it's sad that there are only beneficial effects. Is there a deck with mixed negative and positive events?

And secondly, I have seen some sort of Status Cards but don't know where it was. I think it had something to do with drow and once you draw a card, there's a lingering effect for your character on it, like "you're scared -2 to whatever". Do you know where this was and if there are more and similar cards with lingering status effects out there?

Dungeon #204 has Injury Cards, seems to fit your description.
Ok thanks. Unfortunately, that's one of the many Dungeon Issues I cannot access even though I've subscribed to DDI. Three mail to the customer service, no answer. Once I'm done writing my campaign I'm going to unsubscribe because of that. 
Ok thanks. Unfortunately, that's one of the many Dungeon Issues I cannot access even though I've subscribed to DDI. Three mail to the customer service, no answer. Once I'm done writing my campaign I'm going to unsubscribe because of that. 

Try doing a search for the specific article. You should be able to access it that way. I also am finding back issues of Dragon and Dungeon have content blacked out.
And secondly, I have seen some sort of Status Cards but don't know where it was. I think it had something to do with drow and once you draw a card, there's a lingering effect for your character on it, like "you're scared -2 to whatever". Do you know where this was and if there are more and similar cards with lingering status effects out there?

I beleive the Shadowfell set has those cards. As for the most recent fortune card expansion Drow Treachery I have no idea, I haven't been able to purchase any yet.
The Drow Treachery promo cards from the recent Encounters gave some cards that enable a player to move an ally whether they want to or not.  That was intended as a not-neccessarily positive effect.

Other Encounters  promo cards have effects that could be negative.  Crystalbrook Feud has an effect that makes you gain vulnerability to all damage for a turn.  Insane Defiance has an effect that makes you grant combat advantage and take extra damage.  But unless you played in Encounters, those could be hard to find.