The longest turn

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
What was the structure of your turn, which has consist of the biggest number of actions? Just now I had five - Debtors Knell + Bloodgift Demon (ability) + Castigate + Exile + Vampire Nighthawk. It isn't very impressive, I know, but may be smb can share really interesting experience?
One hundred Sublime Archangel triggering at once, with other random xalted critters as well. Done with CW, was fun.
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
Someone created 100 Chancellor of the Spires against us once (targeting Rite of Replication) in order to showboat. Next turn we killed the original one, cast Rise from the Grave on it, and had to get 100 of our own with Heat Shimmer just to defend!

...thankfully we won in the end.

This has to be the winner. Wow.
One hundred Sublime Archangel

Someone created 100 Chancellor of the Spires

100 of our own

Clash of the bloody titans) Strictly speaking, replication is one action (in the second case), just repeated n times. But breathtaking nevertheless)

Someone created 100 Chancellor of the Spires

I bet he laughed maniacally

Someone created 100 Chancellor of the Spires against us once (targeting Rite of Replication) in order to showboat. Next turn we killed the original one, cast Rise from the Grave on it, and had to get 100 of our own with Heat Shimmer just to defend!

I'm sure that by defend you meant 'force them to block with all their tokens against our 100 chancellors', right? Because there is no way you were defending with that bunch. How did you win, timer run out while they were assigning blockers? And if not, what happened when they survived the turn and it was theirs again?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

I'm sure that by defend you meant 'force them to block with all their tokens against our 100 chancellors', right? Because there is no way you were defending with that bunch. How did you win, timer run out while they were assigning blockers? And if not, what happened when they survived the turn and it was theirs again?

I was wondering these same things... How do you have time to cast 100 of them then attack with all of them AND have them each individually be blocked before the timer runs out? If you did it with Heat Shimmer you couldn't have defended you must have attacked, right?
With haste, who wouldn't attack straight away? I thought that victory due to "not-enough-time-to-block-100-creatures" was assumed, lol!
I'm trying to figure out how both of them made 100 before the timer ran out at all. Which means there couldn't have been nearly enough time for him to declare 100 attackers anyway. Unless it is different on xbox.
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
Make 100? No problem. Attack with 100? No problem? Block with 100? You lose.
With haste, who wouldn't attack straight away? I thought that victory due to "not-enough-time-to-block-100-creatures" was assumed, lol!

Actually, statements such as 'just to defend' and 'thankfully we won in the end' suggest otherwise, that this was not the end of the game. Otherwise, why string it out with that last line? Why not say 'we were forced to make 100 of our own with Heat Shimmer, and then killed them'? I do want to give Stevo the benefit of the doubt here, but this is very dubious to me. Not least of all because it suggests he was playing CW and OD, while we all know his combo is DP and OD...

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Actually, statements such as 'just to defend' and 'thankfully we won in the end' suggest otherwise, that this was not the end of the game. Otherwise, why string it out with that last line? Why not say 'we were forced to make 100 of our own with Heat Shimmer, and then killed them'? I do want to give Stevo the benefit of the doubt here, but this is very dubious to me. Not least of all because it suggests he was playing CW and OD, while we all know his combo is DP and OD...

The claim that I ONLY play with OD and DP is something other people throw at me as an ad hominem attack. It's not even remotely true. Although I do tend to play 3 or 4 set combos in Ranked, I also experiment in Player with randoms if my partner isn't about. This was one of those times. Remember my recent Indestructibility topic where I talk of using Aura Servants? There you go.

And yes, Heat Shimmer must have been a mistake in my telling of the story. We must have used Rite intead. The game would have been Mill and Talrand (not Rakdos) vs Talrand and Black. It was months ago this happened, so being human I am allowed a memory lapse! I just recalled the stand-off element and was sure we used a different mechanism to do it than them, so assumed we shimmered but obviously as the tokens vanish that must not have been the case.

Regardless, I've hardly a reputation for making up tales on the forums, and having a Chancellor stand off if Time Warp isn't available to finish it is hardly the rarest thing in the world. I've actually had it a few times, but only once to 100. Usually they just copy 20 or so attack power more than your life and blockers can handle then pass the turn, then you do the same but add another 4 or 5.

I never said you only play that combo, even though in this case it was completely true, and I also never accused you of anything. I said this post was dubious. Which, since it never happened, it was. In fact, I did say I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt since i've never seen you try that before. All in all, calm down. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I never said you only play that combo, even though in this case it was completely true, and I also never accused you of anything. I said this post was dubious. Which, since it never happened, it was. In fact, I did say I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt since i've never seen you try that before. All in all, calm down.

I'm not annoyed at all. More annoyed with myself for being lazy with the details. I never accused you of accusing me either, I'm just stating generally it's a cliche that I only use those decks when I really don't. I'm sure plenty of people in the forum have bumped into me in Ranked recently playing Rakdos/Burn, Izzet/Talrand or even Golgari/Exalted.

I'm nothing if not honest with my posting, so don't want people to get the impression I'm a liar because I made a poor recollection (which we've all done) You stated your Totem armor creatures regularly survived Mutilates a few days back! Everyone has an off day when trawling the memory through literally hundreds of battles.

Nope, never assumed you were a liar, just pointing out the mistake of heat shimmer not being able to do that. And actually, the totem armor may have been mutilate, since a deed killed a totemed creature yesterday, meaning it certainly can't have been that...i'm not even sure anymore other than I know i've seen it survive one of them. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
If it's X amount of the same creature you just spam (A on the 360) and it blocks one of their creatures using one of your creatures. It only goes screwy when different creatures are in the mix.
Nope, never assumed you were a liar, just pointing out the mistake of heat shimmer not being able to do that. And actually, the totem armor may have been mutilate, since a deed killed a totemed creature yesterday, meaning it certainly can't have been that...i'm not even sure anymore other than I know i've seen it survive one of them.

That's my point. I was just sure I'd done a creature limit stand off with Chancellors, but the details are hazy. I couldn't for example tell you anything else from the game beforehand at all because that was the only element that stood out.

Regarding Mutilate though, if it did happen it's a bug. Reducing toughness to 0 isn't "destroy", and I've used Mutilate a ton against AS and have never had a survivor when toughness was taken to 0. It's either a bug or a poor recollection like mine.

I'd guess you were thinking of Damnation instead. Totems do not regenerate the creature but are destroyed instead. Both have the same casting cost and colour and usually have the same effect, so it's an easy mistake to make.

No, i'm 100% sure I wasn't thinking of damnation, since I remember thinking it was interesting how it survived. Don't know if it was a bug or not, but it was certainly either pernicious deed or mutilate. The chancellors swinging would have been an excellent play actually, though not strategically. It would have wouldn't have given them enough time to block at all...not with that many. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
While  play testing a few of those infinite combos proposed by Stevo (see 2hg infinite thread) the smokin spitemare one involving indestructability and lifelink was a never ending turn.
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.
Hmmm, I didn't know this about the same creatures auto-blocking correctly. I don't know if it does this on Ps3, but I do know that it ends up frequently triple-blocking 1/1 tokens with larger creatures if you trust game to assign your blocks...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Playing Celestial Light versus Crosswinds.  3 soul wardens in play 3 ajanis pride mate  one well of lost dreams. made the mistake of casting white suns zenith for 12. I was tapped out so I mistakenly believed that the well would refrain from asking me everytime i gained life if i would like to spend anything to draw a card....Sigh.
Played a game Exalted vs CW, major mind game. Opponent managed to drop a [C]Time Warp[/C] on OP [C]Panoptic Mirror[/C] but had only 20 or so cards in his deck. So quickly I go and check his graveyard to see whether his [C]Disperse[/C], [C]Repulse[/C], [C]Archaemancer[/C], [C]Call to Mind[/C], etc. is there to see if it is worth for me to stay in game with a [C]Worship[/C], [C]No Mercy[/C] and 4 creatures..So wtv, Call to Mind, 2 Archaemancers and 2 Repulse in graveyard but no Disperse. So he starts pumping flyers with Talrand and gets like 100. Turns out, He didn't have Disperse in his deck, but instead opts for a last attack with 0 cards in his deck. Longest Combat Phase I had had ever...TURN OFF THE DAMN ANIMATIONS!!!

Lessons to be learned:

1. Disperse wins you games!

2. Remove animation option from game for 2014 please! Hope this will get a thread started, with enough votes.
Yeah i always feel a lot better with a disperse in hand knowing i can deal with anything
Playing CW with no disperse is insane! I wonder if they play OD with no murder?!!!
When dj_btrue enters the forum exile all bad attitudes.