Spell Wisp

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
edit: updated

Spell Wisp
Instant
Counter target spell. It's controller adds the spells mana cost to there mana pool and returns the card to their hand. Spells with the same name as the targeted spell may not be played this turn.
That's nice, but doesn't feel different enough from Remand! What if that player casts the same spell again and claims that s/he had another card with the same name in hand?
that could be a heavy man bonus, Skip the card draw
Done.

It would be a very different experance to have this played agaisn't you than Remand.
This seems pretty danged good for storm.

'Bounce' Empty the Warrens, storm copies still on the stack, cast two Grapeshots with the recycle mana, etc

'Bounce' Empty the Warrens, storm copies still on the stack, cast two Grapeshots with the recycle mana, etc

To be fair, "broken with broken cards" isn't the worst thing ever.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

To be fair, "broken with broken cards" isn't the worst thing ever.

this would be a better argument if you didn't constantly point out combos using Fastbond
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Fastbond would be less broken if it did more than 1 damage each land, and storm wouldn't be bad either if it wasn't for there being so many creatures that cost with no life payment either and other ways to cast lots of do not much spells for free, and things like Glimpse of Nature that cost only and Black Lotus and the such didn't exist and Dark Ritual prevented you playing other similar spells that turn, and a few other things.

I should put some of them into my less broken/useless versions of broken/useless cards thread.

But yeah, I don't mind as much it being broken with broken cards :¬P
Think it's worth having it not being able to be done to youself, must be an opponent?
Think it's worth having it not being able to be done to youself, must be an opponent?

Then it'd be much worse than pierce.
Unlike Spell Pierce, it hits anything.

This is intended as a type of counterspell not a broken card for storm decks. A way to create a far feeling counterspell, cards like Cancel may as well say "Target player skips a turn." a lot of the time.
Sign In to post comments