Variant magic using class using XD

I have an idea for a variant magic using class that is simple and uses XD. I call the class the Mage.

Basically all the combat magic for the class would use XD using the same progression as the fighter.  The most basic use of the XD would be a single magical attack that would require an attack roll and would do the damage of the XD. 

Each Mage would pick a primary damage type at character creation and all damage done would be of that type. A single XD could be spent on an attack to change the damage to another type. When a saving throw is required the damage type would dictate the stat used. For example, fire and force could require Dex saves, poison and cold could require Con saves, psychic could require Wis saves, etc.

Then I would have the following maneuvers available for use (using 4e tactical rules).

1) Blast - spend one XD to make a blast 3 attack with damage equal to the remaining XD. Each target can make a saving throw to avoid the damage. This can be a blast 5 if you spend two XD.

2) Burst - spend one XD to make a burst 1 attack with damage equal to the remaining XD. Each target can make a saving throw to avoid the damage. This can be a burst 2 if you spend two XD.

3) Missiles - split up the XD available to attack multiple opponents. For example, if you have 3 XD then you can make three 1XD attacks, or one 1XD attack and one 2XD attack.

There could be other maneuvers that could add rider effects (such as pushing and knocking prone) onto attacks.

The Int modifier would be added to all attack and damage rolls.

For non-combat magic they could cast rituals.

Any Edition

Once we get an XD-based version of all the main classes then we can start pulling together a 4e-like version of DDN for the advanced tactical module. Next we just need to introduce XD that can only be used once per encounter and once per day.

Any Edition

Sounds simple. Nothing wrong with simple though. I could get to like a varint mage class.
This works for a warlock. At least the 3.5 version.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

The Mage could also use his XD to reduce damage. This could make for interesting "wizard" battles where they throw magical energies at each other and block what is thrown at them.

Any Edition

OP, this is not a bad system - many posters have been requesting a simple Mage class for beginners and this delivers. I'd probably tweak some of your burst/blast abilities, since as written, I interpret it that it's worthless for a 1 Xd Mage - since you do damage equal to remaining XD. That seems worthless at low levels and questionable at high levels. (4d6 blast 5 at will feels pretty good but is have to playtest to be sure. ).
rather than have daily and encounter uses simply have # of total XD that can be used per day with a max # of XD used in a single spell.

example:
at 1st level you have 4XD total, but only 1XD can be used in a spell.
at 5th level you have 12XD total, but only 3XD can be used in a spell.

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throw, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells, or vorpal sword-related decapitations.

This works for a warlock.

You misspelled "sorcerer."  I've been pitching an XD version for our iconic spontaneous spellcasting class for awhile now. Wink