Deck Wars: Nations?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
So how would all feel making flavor first 60 card decks based on Nations in M:tG and having them play each other?
Some would get understandably stomped.
That being said, my Synod deck says hello.
And my Shard decks.
And my Guild decks.
But most fittingly, my Shiv deck says hello. (based mostly on Storm.)

Llanowar has so much more resources available to it than most.
Yes it does.

I run Benelia deck. Has Some cool stuff, and banding!  
Slivers...
Slivers...

Not a nation.
@Barinellos: What about Riptide Island? Flavor text from Legions and Scourge indicates it is currently overrun by Slivers.

I'd be tempted to make a deck for Shiv; I assume we'll be banning Goblin Lackey though? I'm currently making a RTR Izzet deck that might fit the OP's criteria in that all the cards aside from the lands have the Izzet watermark.  
Hahahaha can you imagine decks for the Sarpadian Empires?

They would be terrible.

It reminds me of one time many years ago when my friend unwittingly bought a pack of Fallen Empires cards. Looking through them he became more and more distraught until he finally burst out "God, no wonder they fell!"
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Hey man, I just recent acquired a set of Hymn to Tourach and they're working magical wonders.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
@Barinellos: What about Riptide Island? Flavor text from Legions and Scourge indicates it is currently overrun by Slivers.  

It's not overrun by anything. Otaria is a salt scourged lifeless wasteland thanks to Karona's rift.
And even aside from that, Slivers don't function as a nation. They are animals with a singular guiding intelligence.
Even then, you could ONLY use Otarian slivers, discounting any other expansions.
It is true that all slivers on Dominaria are descended from the Riptide slivers, but they didn't stay there.
You could use one for each block.
This empire fell, but wasnt there a empire of slivers under volrath's stronghold, also, could just make a riptide sliver deck pre-karona's rift.
As for wether they are a nation or not, I found a flavor article on the making of slivers, and they exlpaned them as "shapeshifters". Slivers have there own thoughts, but they are not sentiant.
This empire fell, but wasnt there a empire of slivers under volrath's stronghold, also, could just make a riptide sliver deck pre-karona's rift.
As for wether they are a nation or not, I found a flavor article on the making of slivers, and they exlpaned them as "shapeshifters". Slivers have there own thoughts, but they are not sentiant.

In this regard, Slivers are banned.
 Slivers have there own thoughts, but they are not sentiant.

You can't have an empire unless it actually constitutes a civilization and you can't have a civilization without sapience.
There were no empires of Slivers. There were collectives/herds/flocks.
They are ANIMALS, barring the singular guiding intelligences that holds the entire thing together.

What you are describing isn't a nation, you're just talking about a tribal deck.

What we're describing is using cards that are all tied to a specific place like Llanowar, Benalia, or Shiv. Actual nations that have been used repeatedly.
 Slivers have there own thoughts, but they are not sentiant.

You can't have an empire unless it actually constitutes a civilization and you can't have a civilization without sapience.
There were no empires of Slivers. There were collectives/herds/flocks.
They are ANIMALS, barring the singular guiding intelligences that holds the entire thing together.

What you are describing isn't a nation, you're just talking about a tribal deck.

What we're describing is using cards that are all tied to a specific place like Llanowar, Benalia, or Shiv. Actual nations that have been used repeatedly.

okay, I say gilt-leaf then.
Ok everyone Merry Christmas and decklists in a week!