Karador, Ghost Chieftain

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was looking any suggestions for this deck I'm building. I love fact I can have a cheap commander and can cast a creature from the grave. So any sort of Planeswalkers, Combos or just anything you can think of that'll help is greatly appreciated. :D thanks again everyone
Only use planeswalkers that either serve a niche that you need, (Garruk Relentless) or are easily recurrable (Liliana of the Veil). Any effect that is found both on a spell and a creature, go with the creature over the spell. Even if the creature costs 2-3 mana more. In line with that, try to include 2-3 tutorable sacrifice effects. Viscera Seer is an excellent one.

For example using Necrotic Sliver over Vindicate. I think the only card that is so much better in non-creature than its creature version is B0rk3d. Dread creatures like Golgari Grave-Troll that are useful outside the dredge ability should definitely be included. They allow you quickly refill your graveyard in the event of a wipe and also allow you to quickly dredge through your deck to find a certain answer.

Finally, having a back-up to your general is always a good thing. Whether it is Genesis or Volrath's Stronghold, try to have at least one other way to cheat creatures out of the 'yard.

Oh and Mindslicer is just sick and wrong in Karador.
The point that I can reanimate is very good, especially the way you described creatures having the same effects as certain spells. It's actually a really good thought. Entering the battlefield effects work really good and hitting the graveyard. I have some thinking to do. 

Thanks for the ideas 
birthing pod is pretty much my all star nOn critter in my build. Otherwise fauna shaman and skullclamp are other must haves
I 2nd use of dredge cards (Life from the Loam, Grave-Shell Scarab, or Golgari Thug), Buried Alive, Undead Gladiator (Discard creatures to get him back to re-cycle), Oversold Cemetery, Debtors' KnellSheoldred, Whispering One and Reya Dawnbringer.

Also, making opponents lose creatures whenever you do is probably a great idea. Grave Pact/Butcher of Malakir with Mind SlashGreater Good, Circle of Despair, Martyr's CauseFanatical Devotion, Perilous Forays, and/or Attrition (for multiplayer, as when you sac, the opponent who's creature is being targeted can just chose the targetted creature). If you add Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, you can make people sac their lands.

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

Golgari Charm is a must. A lot of utility and gets rid of pesky enchantments like Leyline of Void and Rest in Peace.